D 0-0 vs Swindon Town (H) - League Two - Tue 14th March, 7:45pm

19th November v Crawley. I count we have played 7 saturdays in the league since then without a win so not much better

1 Like

Yeah I dunno how I missed that, it was staring me in the face.

I’m confident of a result tomorrow night.

2 Likes

The forecast is for below zero temperatures during the match, so maybe no result. Sleet as well, although mild during the day. I would be happy with a postponement though, as long as they decide nice and early, before I set out.

2 Likes

Nailed on win then mate :laughing: :wink:

Win, Lose or Draw? As this is a rearranged game the ‘Can’t be arsed’ button, that I wish to press, is missing.

1 Like

Can’t make tomorrow’s game as I am off to bash some bookies at Cheltenham. I just hope they audience stay behind them as I fear some are in the verge of turning in the players, manager and board and now more than ever we need to be together as one.

1 Like

We haven’t scored in the last four Tuesday games

Salford 1-0
Colchester 0-0
Crewe 0-0
Bradford 0-0

2 Likes

Though am I not right in hearing him say in his after match rant if “I’m still here”.
Perhaps I misheard.
Difficult match tomorrow, unless a huge degree of improvement is witnessed by the 3K home gate, I would imagine some very disgruntled supporters at the end.
Will he, (is it in his overall football philosophy?), go for an attacking option (not that we have much to choose from) or will he as usual set out ‘not to lose’ and bore the pants off us as usual?
Now that our defence has gone to pieces and we have no attackers of any quality whatsoever I predict another 0-0 draw with an entertainment rate of zero.

We have a terrible record over some years on Tuesday nights.

1 Like

I remember us beating Swindon 5-0 at home on a Tuesday night. So OK it was 1981 and obviously not even at our current ground, and it was October, but what a game it was. They were top, we were second, and we hammered them. I’m sure there are others on here who remember that game as well as I do and who can confirm what a brilliant match it was.

I should point out that come the end of the season Swindon were relegated and we escaped the same fate by goal difference :rofl: However, that doesn’t make that game any less memorable. It snowed that night as well. :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Remember that game, Rees had a blinder.

He did, and Stevie Waddington on the other flank as well.

Time to release Maher and makuna !!!

1 Like

2 Likes

If we play as we did against Bradford we have a chance although we have beaten these twice already this season. I will suggest a 2-0 victory for a change.UTS

1 Like

It’s about time that Wilko came to the party.

Ironic that Timmy scored in the cup and now we’re stuck with DDJ and Williams.

Maybe Williams can perform against his old club? Maybe DDJ can exorcise his demons after two bad misses on Saturday.

Maybe we’ll lose 0-1…

Evans

Daniels Comley Monthe

Riley Maddox Kinsella Knowles

Hutchinson

Wilkinson Stevens

If we’re insistent on playing 352, then we need attacking wide players. Especially at home, none of this defensive wingbacks and two holding midfielders.

1 Like

Interesting to see that Swindon have only taken 8pts from the last 8 games themselves during the period the original game was postponed. Clealry they are not in much better form than us at the moment.

This is the sort of game we will hopefully go out and sneak a win with a scrappy goal. I would take anything at the moment. Cant see this being a classic, think both sides will struggle.

Wilkinson really needs to start showing some form soon and prove he is getting over his injury. Hope Stevens is fit to start. Dont think i could take watching Williams lead the line again from kick-off.

I’d be tempted to go for the box midfield.

Evans
McEntee Daniels Monthe
Knowles Comley Kinsella Gordon
Maddox Hutchinson
Stevens