D 1-1 vs Barrow (A) - League Two - Sat 5th March, 3pm

Strange team selection only two recognised defenders, slightly concerned if im honest.

Is there a sweep on a labadie yellow card? Is this more or less likely if he is a CB?

If white is out then I would go for Leak at CB

If it is right that Labadie is paying at CH, what has Leak done to be be 6th choice for that position?

Nothing, Flynn knows Labadie and doesn’t know Leak so makes sense to go with what he knows for now IMO.

2 Likes

I’m worried about Labadie when he plays in his normal position as regards picking up a card so he’ll have to be super careful playing as a Centre Half.

The early kick-off has finished Harrogate 1 Hartlepools Utd 2

This could be a high scoring game.

Barrow will get at least one goal. Our traditional comedy give-away.

Rushworth has performed well enough over the season to keep his place on merit. As for him being dropped for Rose as he won’t be here next season, I imagine that wouldn’t be well received by Brighton, who probably could have loaned him out somewhere else in January.

Barring an injury / suspension, I would expect he will play most games between now and the end of the season, in order to fulfil the agreement between the two clubs.

2 Likes

If that’s true then it stinks.

1 Like

Why Sid?
He has the shirt on merit.

These are the things you have to do to get a premier league teams goalkeeper on loan.It’s a guarantee they’d have said we want him playing every league match if fit.

1 Like

What about if he hadn’t got it on merit Belph? Would he still automatically play?

No, I imagine there is regular contact between the clubs regarding his performances / development etc and if he was playing shit, then fair enough. If the reason for him being dropped was because he is not going to be here next season, then that’s a different kettle of fish.

I don’t think anyone should have any say at all about who plays for Walsall, if teams who loan players out want a say then we shouldn’t have the player on loan.

1 Like

Labadie as defender? Little bit risky.

Just tuned into ifollow, my god and we moan about OUR ground :grimacing:

1 Like

It is but he’s played Shade and Osadebe out of position so far and they’ve been good decisions so I’m waiting till after the game to make any comments on Flynns selections.

1 Like

I wish we had the views that they have up there.

1 Like