D 1-1 vs Bradford City (A) - League Two - Sat 4th Sept, 3pm

Saturday takes us to the delightful city of Bradford to take on The Bantams.

Bradford brings back memories for many of some big defeats in recent time, and some poor weather for the last one at least (I remember the wind chill making it -8!). It’s one of those ones I don’t think I ever want to go to again unless we are getting promoted there.

Anyway, back to the game.

Bradford City find themselves 3rd in League Two having made a decent start to the season with 3 Wins, 1 Draw, 1 Loss. Their fixtures in the league up to now have been:

7th Aug - Exeter City (a) - Drew 0-0
14th Aug - Oldham Athletic (h) - Won 2-1
17th Aug - Stevenage (h) - Won 4-1
21st Aug - Mansfield Town (a) - Won 3-2
28th Aug - Leyton Orient (a) - Lost 2-0

The danger man for Bradford will of course be one Andrew Ellis Cook, previously sighted at The Banks’s Stadium in Walsall colours. Caolan Lavery is also contracted to The Bantams.

The Saddlers go into this game on the back of their first victory of the season, so should hopefully have a bit more confidence allowing them to relax a bit more and give us a better performance.

I expect Matt Taylor to stick with the starting XI from the Stevenage game, with one exception being the re-introduction of Tyrese Shade, if he’s fit, in place of Brendan Kiernan, as I thought BK had a poor game last time out.
On the other hand, with the transfer windown shutting prior to this game, we might even get a new STAR STRIKER!

Personally I think a draw here is a good result with anything above and beyond that being a bonus.

What do you think the starting XI should be?
What are you expecting from the game?
Are you going?

Bradford City vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Bradford City Win
  • Draw
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

1. Hopefully inclusive of at least 2 new signings.
  2. A few beers in Leeds, apart from that not a lot.
  3. Hmmm…aye, I guess so.
1 Like

Looking forward to this… first game back for me since Carlisle away in January 2020. Only a 6 mile journey too so even better!

2-2, Wilkinson and Labadie.

It’s not a bad away really for the day out. Close to Leeds as said which is great for pre and post match drinks and weird old away end but I like the rest of the ground and creates a decent atmosphere.

Just a shame the recent record is so bad there. Scars remain from that 15/16 4-0 defeat.

Point would be a very good result from this and start to get the season rolling again.

Will go for 1-1. Monthe from a rare good set piece. Cook for them of course.

Like Bradford (the place) as I lived there for 4 years back in the day. Real ale fans the Fighting Cock is highly recommended. Will be jumping in a taxi from station and then quick taxi to ground (about a mile). Don’t like the team, seen us get hammered there too many times in recent years. Not hugely confident it will be any different this time but we live in hope.

1 Like

Remember taking my wife to the Viaduct showbar on our visit a couple of years ago, she thought it quite funny seeing the male bar staff walking around in calvin klein y fronts with bunny tails stuck to the back :joy:
We ended up at Alchemy

1 Like

Same team for me . A 0-0 draw as well.

No way we will beat Bradford . They are a tough team and a good league 2 side i front of the massive home crowds. Won’t be a nice game for our kids and mistake prone players
Would love to be proven wrong
2-0 Bradford

1 Like

Cracking pub. Went there a few years back as a neutral before a Bradford v Wimbledon game. They did a chilli with (weirdly) white slice bread for a quid to accompant the excellent and cheap ales.

What more do you want for quid?

I’d be astonished if we won here. Can’t see anything other than a loss.

Draw would be a great result.

Nothing really, just seemed an odd combination.

Clearly a nod to Bradford’s gastranomical heritage…basically, curry and Hovis.

2 Likes

I’d be more worried what was in the chilli for a quid

Would have to be happy with draw from this game just to build some confidence after our last away trip.

1 Like

I think anyone hoping for more than a low score line AGAINST us is doing just that, hoping.
Bradford have hit the floor running, Cookey is on fire and has a score to settle.
It doesn’t look like we can score more than i goal every 2 games and we don’t have a recognised striker.
Lump on :wink:

I can’t see a victory here, but hopefully the win against stevenage inspires the team a little. I’m going for a lovely 1 - 1 draw with pure shithousery from Cook at every available second.

This is based on us not signing a new wonder striker

No shit sherlock!!

I think Walsall 1-0 win Bradford are playing in the stupid Micky mouse cup tonight hopefully they’ll get a few knocks and we’ll turn up fresh and win in similar fashion to last week.

Don’t lump on