D 1-1 vs Bradford City (A) - League Two - Sat 4th Sept, 3pm

I see they’ve updated the online ticket system it’s a bit easier to see on the stadium map now they only thing is it’s easier to see how many Empty Seats we have in the ground it’s quite embarrassing really that Banks’s stand might as well be closed off until we go back up or start giving tickets away again.

I hope we have more than 100 there. Well at least 2 from Leeds with me and Cumbria keeping the faith.

1 Like

Cook should be tailor made for Manny no pace relies on strength let’s hope we are right

350 we’ll take

1 Like

We’ve sold 327 so far.

1 Like

350-400 mark is good going.

Just a pity we haven’t made the best of starts or signed a recognised player or two , and then maybe we could of kept up the 1000 plus away followings .

1 Like

The march of the masochists!
If folk can get better odds than 1/2-on for us to get beat by more than 3-0 lump on!

What team would people use now? Stick with the same formation? I’m pretty sure we will.
Away from home vs a tough tough team I’d play
Rusworth
White monthe Mayo ward
Kinsella labadi
Wilkinson earring shade
Miller

. Give the new guy a go rest Phillips and drop kiernan who is hard working I get it but simply poor. A winger version of taundary

I wouldn’t want kinsella/labadie partnership to be our main partnership going forward as they both sit deep and do the gritty work rather than get the ball moving but away from home against Bradford I’d be ok with it

1 Like

Bradford has always been a tough place to win at, tough for us at least.
If Monthe can keep Cook quiet, and we play to our strengths, we have a chance of getting something from the game.
I’m going for 2-2, Wilkinson and Miller scoring for us.

Its now early Friday morning…Thursday tea time for those of us that work late…and the dawn of that nagging optimism for Saturday morning away travellers who have until about 2.55 Saturday afternoon to thoroughly indulge it, starting with tomorrow’s early flyer, its what its all about.

2 Likes

Missing this , because of a wedding , why am I gutted ,it’s mad !!

Bad boy Chiller Crew 3 -1 Walsall.

Cant look beyond these for the title in my eyes.

1 Like

I’d snap your hand off for a point out of this game, but being realistic it seems a home banker.
Bookies agree, and they’re rarely wrong.
Still this is Walsall and stranger things have happened.
Hopefully 1-1.

Walsall players to take the knee just before kick-off and again after about 65 minutes, accompanied be plentiful coughing and gasping. Bradford fail to take advantage of this - probably because they sign players like Andy Cook who gets bemused then decides its a chance to practice a bit of leap-frog. He gets midly excited and nearly takes Monthe’s eye out. In normal play, Kinsella lets one rip from 35 yards. While the goalie’s eyes are still smarting, he takes the opportunity to roll the ball into an unguarded net. Miller and Wilkinson can share another goal. I’m nice like that.

What team are you expecting tomorrow?

Rusworth
White monthe Mayo ward
Kinsella labadi
Shade Wilkinson Kiernan
Phillips

Subs
Rose
Taylor
Mills
Bates
Earing
Miller
Osadebe

Don’t want to over react and I know that it’s a young group of players but just got in from a tough week at work and watched the previews to the Bradford game on YouTube.

Matt Taylor: clear, erudite and under no illusions about the enormity of the task in getting a positive result. Professional and representing my club the way that I would want a Walsall manager to speak publicly.

Then the Menayese interview…

i.) the player spoke quite well.
ii.) the interviewer is quite limited but the club is trying to improve communication with its fan base and there’s only so much you can do on the eve of a big fixture.

HOWEVER, the constant dickin’ about in the background has got to stop. Last week it was loud music pumping out and players fannying about in the background; this week, it’s trying to make the player laugh and being you know whats…

There is a very famous clip of Harry Redknapp (I’m sure Matt T played for him at Portsmouth). I think Harry was at West Ham when the player hit the ball at the back of his head. He was not happy!

You may turn around and say it’s just ‘banter’ but it really winds me up.

If you’re top of the league, have a laugh.
If you’re battering teams, mess about.

But you’re in league two and fitness levels are questionable at best. I know Taylor is more Dean Smith (in approach) than Graydon but I just think that someone needs to say, stop the recording and do it properly.

Otherwise, don’t bother, because it comes across as if you couldn’t care less. And, you know what, Walsall Football Club are really not in the position to be giving that impression to supporters right now, after the struggles that we have all experienced (on and off the field) in the last 18 months…

I’ll have a Guinness and chill out but I needed to get it off my chest because I want to feel proud of my football club, not embarrassed by how it is being run. We can’t control the results but we can affect performances and that starts with getting the basics spot on…

12 Likes

Couple of snippets picked up. Over 15,000 home tickets sold as of 2 days ago. Angol and Eisa out for them and Theo Robinson not match fit so they’ve got Cook and Lavs as their only available strikers.

And for those that like to select a matching replica top we’re playing in green.

2 Likes

No pace at all upfront then that should suit our defenders

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right @jjunior9

1 Like