D 1-1 vs Colchester United (A) - League Two - Sat 16th March, 3pm

Tough game i think we probably have 5 who would be guaranteed starters out, Daniels, priest, mcentee, Matt, Knowles who would all start if fit if sadler was naming his best 11 on paper. Liverpool fan at work moaning about injuries but i just tell him the difference is you have players with 10 international caps and on 100k a week as your replacements we have kids and loanees. Anyway on to Saturday on that pitch it going to be a battle but if we can keep our shape and be organised i think we will knick it 1-0 we have goals all across the team so always confident we can score Dave coming back in will strengthen us. Hutch is due a good game thought he has been poor last 2 games but when he plays well the team plays well. The teams picks itself for me dave in for rollin the only change unless Matt is back, unsure of his injury? Anyway lets stick together on and off the pitch the fans are needed more than ever with the growing injury list. UTS

4 Likes

I think weā€™ll nick this one with a 1-0 victory

1 Like

I think our fluid playing style will be impacted by the pitch. 2:1 to the might saddlersā€¦ sadler is our king

I think it will be on. Hereā€™s the BBC weather forecast for Saturday in Colchester:

Nice 11deg C too in the sunshine

Will be an interesting selection this one with Rollin having been recalled I canā€™t see him sitting it out.

I think he may go for a back three of :-

Dave. Rollin. Allen.

Iā€™d be tempted to play Riley in the right side ahead of Foulkes, whoā€™s done well but at the moment I want to look around my team and see as many men with as much experience as I can and Riley is a tidy footballer with a decent delivery.

He may however look to squeeze Manny in somehow so it may be a consideration to play him as a RWBā€¦ā€¦

In midfield Iā€™d be tempted to swap Earing for Tierney just as a freshen up but wonā€™t be surprised to see it stay the same.

Up front itā€™ll be Faal and Gordon unless Faal is still suffering.

Be nice to see DJ used later in the game to give him some minutes too as weā€™re going to need every available player for the last nine games.

1 Like

Iā€™d go
Rollin - Dave - Allen
And defo manny as RWB

Iā€™d go

Riley - Adegboyega - Okagbue - Allen - Gordon

When Farquharson is back, hopefully by the MK Dons game, then Iā€™d go

Adegboyega - Okagbue - Farquharson - Allen - Gordon

Theyā€™re aiming for end of the month, according to this.

1 Like

I would just leave Manny where he is. He is quality. Shuffling too many cards creates more problems in my view.

Let Dave and Priest battle for the central spot

If we are allowed to sign ā€œfreeā€ players then im sure Marshy would love to fill in at rwb for us

3 Likes

If you turn up with a ticket and the game is off they might put deck chairs out on the JobServe Community beach for you to enjoy the sunshine

If heā€™s fit I would leave foulkes at right back .
Tbf I thought he did well at FGR but had a tough night against Colchester. However its a learning curve and with a run of games and match sharpness he could well find some consistency.

I would reunite the young back 3 that has done so well for us. Manny had another good game on Tuesday and you need consistency there. Dave has looked far better centrally so would bring him back there and would sit Rollin on the bench. Considering the circumstances he did ok Tuesday except for the penalty mistake but he doesnā€™t convince me as a starter.

4 Likes

Yeah Rollin back on the bench and dave back in his place for me

2 Likes

I think Manny has been really poor v FG and Barrow.

Got silly ideas in his head about his abilities and needs to get back to doing the basics

1 Like

A bit harsh. Maybe overplayed the ball sometimes and looked for passes that werenā€™t on occasionally but thought his defending was solid enough against physical opposition on Tuesday. Rollin was unsteady most if the night for me. Obviously new relationships etc but he got sucked towards the ball twice second half and left yards behind him. Postionally he worries me.
If he was to play I would put Dave central with Rollin on the right which is where he played when he first joined us.

2 Likes

Would much rather keep manny dave and Allen together rather than than mayo and Riley who I would say are definitely not going to be part of the team next season.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough. Probably came across blunter than I intendedā€¦ā€¦

Good post that :ok_hand:

1 Like

Agree with your post about freshening the midfield. Earing looks like he is running on empty last couple of games though still contributing.
As it is an away game on a pitch that looks perfect for a war of attrition and zero football may be a case to be made for bringing back Stirk.
I will get my tin hat ready for the anti double defensive pivot arguments and for those still traumatised by last years Comsella midfield

1 Like

I thought rollin did very well in the circumstances
Thrown into the first team with players he doesnā€™t know for a manager he knows donā€™t want or rate him against one of the best teams in the division
Yeah he made a mistake and looked unsteady but worked hard and didnā€™t look like he didnā€™t care .fair play to him, lesser men wouldnā€™t have been bothered performing for the employer who doesnā€™t care for them

3 Likes