D 1-1 vs Crawley Town (A) - League Two - Tue 13th Feb, 7:45pm

3-1 win. I expect that we will get a positive reaction to Saturday’s shitshow.

1 Like

811 days since our last tuesday night away win. Crawley have lost 3 on the bounce, we’re winless in 4. We’ve failed to keep an away clean sheet all season. I’ll go for a 1-1 draw.

2 Likes

After the debacle of Saturday I don’t see how the team can possibly go to Crawley with any confidence whatsoever.
Crawley will see this as the perfect opportunity to put their winless run to bed at our expense.
The following is going to be small and after Newport going away might actually be a blessing for the team.
I noticed in the E & S Oteh has responded to the reaction of the crowd, he won’t read this but I’m still going to have my say.
I don’t boo and I certainly didn’t cheer or call for Evans to be sent off however, people spend their money and invest their time into Walsall fc and therefore have the right to show their displeasure.
Unlike you Mr Oteh those fans aren’t here for a couple of years. Those fans you criticise have (in many cases) been supporting the saddlers for decades. In my own case man and boy.
I love Walsall Football Club, it’s in my thoughts and my heart. I’m proud to wear my coat with the club emblem on it and I’m bloody proud to share my time with so many like minded people.
People I mostly don’t know but when I look around at the crowd or when I’m on this site I’m with friends, friends that matter because like me they pay to watch and are doing so sometimes in cold weather at god awful grounds, having late nights, leaving families behind in their love of Walsall Football Club.

9 Likes

Agree with most of that but the treatment of Evans was moronic and disgraceful to a player who has largely done a good job here . He is one who won’t be signing a contract and maybe some of the others who we might wish to keep will have the same view. I was as disappointed as anyone on Saturday but that reaction cannot be defended.
Clubs only succeed when everyone is pulling in the same direction. Board, Manager, fans but this site shows that a number of our fans will never accept Sadler as Manager. It has been going on since the day he was appointed. He would not have been my choice but he has my support unless or until it is clear that he has either lost the dressing room or we have a run as depressing as last year. If the latter doesn’t happen he will be here for a few months as the squad is assembled for next season so my advice to everyone is get behind him and the team. They are all good lads from what I can see and despite the poor performance Saturday they will continue to have my support.

8 Likes

Perhaps fans can send in letters of complaints asking for redress instead of booing? I’m sure the club/players would soon change their tune and advocate booing, maybe that HT bloke will lead the chorus on it :grin:

Makes a mockery of the December /New Year form only being good “cus the boss was here watching” though.

3 Likes

Let me be clear about my comments.
I’m not defending the actions of those who chose to act in the way they did, all I’m saying is you pays your money and you make your choice.
I stood up and would normally applaud the players but on Saturday I simply walked out.
I don’t boo and I never shout abuse (something I heard on Saturday).
I understand people’s frustration and they must choose how they react.
I think you are right about MS and the impression I took from those rather unsavoury scenes on Saturday was that it was a reaction to Owen Evans being back in the team and therefore people were having a pop about it. Ultimately MS picks the team and he will stand or fall by his decision. I actually feel sorry for him, he’s a young manager doing his best in difficult circumstances but he’s hopefully going to weather the storm and win people over.

2 Likes

This could be one of our worst away attendances ever. I’d be amazed if we take 150

To those who make the journey. Well done. We salute you

1 Like

Fair play to anyone making the trip down there tomoz.

Be nice to win but almost feels irrelevant now unless we go on some crazy run.

1 Like

No chance. I remember plenty of midweek games in the 70’s when we took one coach, in the days when no one went by car.

1 Like

Guess it depends on your generation then. In my lifetime I can never remember away attendances of less than 150. Regardless of who we played. I’m talking from 81ish onwards. Who knows we might not even get to a 100 tomorrow

Thinking about it, I’ve been in away crowds of around 100-150 many, many times in the past,
Our away support in recent years has been fantastic, but I’d argue that it’s the same for most clubs.

1 Like

I went to a midweek game at Colchester in 1979. We went down that year, but were in 15th place at the time, and unbeaten in 4. There was about half a coach load. Can’t imagine there was a big turn out of Essex Saddlers, so round about 30 (or less). Lost 0-2 and were a bit crap.

1 Like

Absolutely spot on. Summed up perfectly in my view.

I’d like to switch it up a bit In this game and try stop the rot

I’d go 4231

Smith
Foulkes priest daniels Gordon
Earing stirk
Gordon hutch oteh
Matt

Harsh on Comley maybe but he players better when there isn’t someone beside him

If 433 play Comley over stirk as the cdm

2 Likes

I like that set up.

I’d probably still go for Comley over Stirk if I’m honest but in general I like the look of it.

5 Likes

No way I’d leave Comley out. Faal shouldn’t start, and I’d start Knowles away from home due to his pace

1 Like

Another draw incoming.

Just enough to keep the boat afloat.

Id usually agree but Comley was dire on Saturday. Perhaps a game or two out might do him good. He is ever present after all.

Besides if there arent a few changes in the rotation after that game id be very surprised.

1 Like

The season when we got to the JPT final, the first round we took 99 to Rochdale. I was one of them