D 1-1 vs Crawley Town (H) - League Two - Tue 24th Oct, 7:45pm

No time to write a preview properly before tomorrow so the floor is all yours

Walsall vs Crawley Town - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • Crawley Town Win

0 voters

2 Likes

Crawley have lost three games in a row, but I’m not sure that is a long enough bad run to guarantee them a win against us. We might be playing them at a good time for us, a few more defeats for them and they would beat us for sure, but I’m not convinced three is enough.

Like many others on here, I have seen us play Crawley on a Tuesday night and we won 5-0, so even the Tuesday night curse might not apply to this fixture.

The signs are good.

2 Likes

The consensus must surely be to start with the same 11 as we have scored 7 in 2 games.
Although Perhaps Gordon for Allen? Do we need to make changes because players are tired without a week to recover? (but then we have had one more day’s rest than Crawley).

2 Likes

I hope for a win and think we will do it. 2-1

1 Like

Almost a year to the day since our last tuesday night win so will go for a 3-1 Walsall win to mark the occasion, another hat trick by someone please.

1 Like

Had to go and say it, didn’t you? :laughing:

Crawley’s last 6 - won 3, lost 3. One point and one goal better off.

When two indecisive people get together, what is the result? A no score draw, of course!

Who is injured? Is Farquharson back? Is DD fit? Menayese perhaps?

A couple more wins, and, who knows, a couple more hat tricks, and that will set us up nicely for ignominious defeat to Sheepy in the F A Cup. It’s the Walsall way. :smiley:

1 Like

I watched the goals from Crawley’s last few games, and observed:

• They like to play a high defensive line, so should space to exploit behind their defence.
  • They have conceded lots of goals from crosses into the box.

Suggests to me we should play our more mobile players. Gordon and Knowles supplying crosses. Think DJ should be there to exploit their weak defence.

They do play nice progressive passing football when attacking. So it wont be a walkover. I would play Comley to break up their attacks.

I think Walsall will definitely score in this game and will win if we can defend properly

I’d go

Evans

Riley
Williams
Daniels
Gordon

Comley

Knowles
Tierney
Hutch

DJ
Draper

5 Likes

A great opportunity to add to the good recent run and catapult ourselves into the top half in the process. Only change for me would be Gordon for an unlucky to miss out Taylor Allen, and if Comley is fit enough for an hour I’d bring him in to replace a very unlucky McEntee.

Having missed the last two games on vacation I am very much looking forward to this one, always good to have a league game under the lights despite our poor midweek record in recent seasons.

Looks like the travelling gate from Crawley will be rather a disappointing one judging by their advance ticket sales.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have Riley anywhere near the first team.after his las few ‘performances’, or at least not at RWB

1 Like

Would you go for Foulkes? Reality is he was only at fault for one goal, I thought Allen looked more shakey with Gillingham than the RB areas.

We are going to have the rb debate until sadler realises we suck at rb

Dont forget the RB cover debate pending. We need a Craig Pead type player in there.

When Farquhar is fit, definitely. He is a prospect and is learning quickly.

2 Likes

I’d still like a system where we can play Draper and DJ not good for us if Draper goes in January and we are left with an unhappy DJ we made a huge deal over signing him lets not forget that and what he did here last season

7 Likes

3-0 Knowles with a hat-trick

2 Likes

For me the system should be about giving us the best chance of winning games not accommodating unhappy players. Sadler has stumbled on 4-2-3-1 by luck more than design but it appears to be working certainly going forwards so I see no need to change I. If anything it’s left us more vulnerable at the back but I firmly believe the pending returns of Comley and the Priest will help that significantly.

6 Likes

Does anyone know how many wins on a Tuesday night we’ve had in the 5 seasons we’ve been down in league two?

I’m putting my money on about 3 :joy:

I make it 10