D 1-1 vs Crawley Town (H) - League Two - Tue 7th Dec, 7:45pm

Not sure there is an alternative line up.
We need to do something different as we have become predictable.

All the opposition have to do is out number us in midfield and show Wilkinson the touch line.
This stops us carrying the ball forward, so we revert to long aimless balls to Miller or pass it to Wilkinson who has to use his right foot.

There are always alternatives. I would like to see wide players tried so they can go beyond defenders and cross the ball. As you imply, Wilkinson and Shade are too one-footed to do this. It’s easy for defenders if you always cut in. Also, why not play with 2 up front, wither either Phillips or Wilkinson alongside Miller?

Because neither of them are strikers?

Probably because we were playing him completely out of position.

Play Khan on the wing, in his position and bring Kinsella in for Osedebe, push Earing forward into his actual position. It’s an absolute no brainer. It will be the first time I think you can question Taylor’s selection if these absolutely obvious changes aren’t made.

It’s simple at this level: PLAY YOUR PLAYERS IN THEIR ACTUAL POSITIONS

1 Like

It’s not a bad line up on paper " league 2 standard anyway" it’s definitely a top 10 team and possible top 7 it’s no wonder Matt Taylor gets pissed off with the silly mistakes week in week out .

1 Like

Walsall vs Crawley Town (who will bring 50 fans), in a lowly fourth division fixture, with all the same errors from our setup that we have seen consistently over 15 years, on and off the pitch.

Starting to lose track of games, and for the first time in my life can feel myself moving away from having any interest at all :frowning:

2 Likes

It definitely won’t happen, but I wouldn’t be against Taylor trying a 5-2-3 (3-4-3) tomorrow.

Rushworth

White
Menayese
Monthe

Kinsella
Earing
Labadie
Khan

Wilkinson
Miller
Phillips.

1 Like

I usually go to work later on evening games because I work nights then make up the time the following night, I won’t be doing that tommora no chance it’s not worth the hassle 50 away fans I predicted 3650 crowd I’m including the 2,800 season ticket Holders in that myself included in reality it will be closer to 3,000 fans in the ground tommora quite depressing really.

Phillips’ preferred position, apparently. He looked good there against Cambridge.

He missed two sitters …

Way too lightweight to be a striker. He’d get bullied.

He did but if we are using that as a criterion Miller is not a striker either. All three have missed good chances in the last 3 games.

1 Like

I personally think we could beat both and still struggle to make the playoffs mate,there’s nothing shown to me recently that screams clean sheets or even consistency for that matter,we need to start playing balls through the lines and between their players then turn and do it again we look sh1t scared of doing it most games hence the crab like passing movements then they get closed down and hoof it.

Yeah, but Phillips hasn’t scored 7 in 10 League Games at any point this season, or runs defenders ragged for 90 minutes. Every single game. It’s called context :+1:

That wasn’t why I was saying he isn’t a striker, I was questioning that he “looked good” there against Cambridge. He didn’t. He’s not a striker for the reasons I gave.

I really do hope the boys put on a decent performance. Can see a lot of us going to the game tomorrow with a less tolerant frame of mind. I need to calm down…not happy this evening.

1 Like

Not sure if I’m going to bother tomorrow… me and my lad are season ticket holders and not sure I want to do the trip from stourbridge and back again for little entertainment… not really many games I have really enjoyed to be honest… I will probably end up going but getting more of a struggle with my lad… hope we can start turning a corner

1 Like

I know how you feel mate. I only live in Sutton and am really struggling to get any motivation to go to this one.
I pretty much know though that my 14 year old lad will end up persuading me.
Can’t wait to see that ball lumped forward to Miller who will be surrounded by two defenders.

1 Like

Hard to care too much about this one really given the last few weeks. Only prediction I’ll make is this will comfortably be lowest league gate of the season, won’t be much over 3k given time of year and they won’t bring much over a 100.

A very 1-1 game you’d imagine.

1-0 to Crawley but I won’t be there to be embarrassed again as I am staying at home.

I haven’t met a single supporter who thinks this current system is working. I was talking today to someone who played at a reasonable level and who has a Season Ticket who says to keep repeating this one up front style is crazy when it is clear it isn’t working especially at home. MT needs a plan B and quick else even those of us who are more optimistic than others will start to get really brassed off.

I’d have thought an ex player with a season ticket would have also acknowledged the lack of alternative options considering we have one striker in the entire squad.

1 Like