D 1-1 vs Crawley Town (H) - League Two - Tue 7th Dec, 7:45pm

I wonder what percentage of our passes in the final third go astray, we can tippy- tap it around between the defenders (until the big hoof) all night, but we don’t seem to have players who can think fast enough under pressure in the final third. I can’t see that improving until Holden is back . I think it will be a 1-0 win tonight, we will score from a corner (controversial I know), but surely one of our giants will finally connect with a ball from a set piece.

Can’t see there being many there tonight under 4000 easily is my guess if it’s on,the forecast is bleak to say the least.

2 Likes

Nothing less than a win is acceptable.

I expect to see changes.

Can’t help but refer to last night’s non league F.A. Cup offering last night, very 5th/6th division offering but with two rather outstanding contributions from Boreham Wood (who will be coming to fortress Bescot next year and beating us). How we could do with a Lees up front, knows where the net is and bangs 'em in. I understand he has flirted with the EFL but for some reason it hadn’t worked, but surely worth a punt? And that headed goal by Mafuta (or whatever his name was), if we were to see a goal scored like like at Bescot by one of ‘our’ players most in the ground would faint!
Fullarton is culpable for failing to spot gems like that and our board are to blame
for failing to back the DOF and manager by relying on loans constantly…the cheap option of course.

Fortunately I don’t have a kid to drag me the same distance. Even with a ST, tonight has the attractiveness of Boris Johnson in a pink tutu given the weather and the mediocrity if our current team

I hope it gets called off. Can’t be arsed at the minute to make the effort

8 Likes

You know I was just coming here thinking about posting the exact same thing :joy: Standing in a freezing cold stadium amidst a storm watching this rubbish or postponing until it’s not quite so shit (the weather, obviously, not much hope for the football) :thinking:

1 Like

I will give this a miss. How can travelling from the far reaches of the West Midlands-Staffordshire border on a cold wet night to watch fourth rate footballers fail to win a home game AGAIN be a good use of my time? I have some paint drying that needs watching…

2 Likes

Imagine being a Crawley fan. If they brought 0 today I wouldn’t blame them.

2 Likes

Simply has to be a win. Especially when you listen to Crawley’s manager say in his pre-match interview that they have 13 players out injured. :flushed:

Haha I had never heard of him but I do like him, seen a few interviews and he pulls no punches!

What really pisses me off about what we have seen since Fail, is it really has made it look that was our effing cup final. Should have been used as a catalyst, instead, here we are a couple of weeks later out of all cups and languishing towards the lower reaches of Division 4. Meanwhile Fail have picked up where they left off.

2 Likes

Tonight is a perfect, er, storm:

a Tuesday night in December
At home to Crawley
Three defeats in a row
Lower mid-table in Division 4
Champions League on the telly
Wet
Cold
Windy

Whatever is announced as the crowd tonight will include all season ticket holders, present or not. In reality I’m expecting no more than 2,500 to actually be there, maybe as low as 2,000.

1 Like

I’m afraid Pomletts very specially branded bullshit, carefully packaged to shift tickets, is fast losing its traction.

Is any club in our league looking like going bust by the way, I am still waiting :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not sure why everyone has lost their patience with the club, as by my reckoning we are only about half way through our hiatus between our once in every ten year tilts at assembling a decent (potentially successful) side.

5 Likes

Take the kids from school out for a trip mate maybe time it in the syllabus when your doing a module on unhappiness or boredom or maybe a business studies class on how not to run a football club?

2 Likes

There’s no excuse tonight for anything other than a win.

1 Like

Same here.

I’m not going now anyway due to being ill but it wasnt exactly a difficult decision to be honest

We have to win tonight and no excuses.
Nice touch from Crawley offering all their travelling fans a free pie and hot drink in appreciation of their loyal support.
Just imagine having a board like that, whom actually appreciated its fans rather than see them as an irritant

1 Like

Fair play to anyone who goes to this tonight I personally having been to every home game this season and a fair few away looking out of the window at the weather I have definitely made the right choice in going to work as normal tonight :joy:.

Wouldn’t be a good way to be a popular teacher, possible safe guarding issues on mental health I’d say

1 Like