D 1-1 vs Crawley Town (H) - League Two - Tue 7th Dec, 7:45pm

To be fair if they buy all their traveling fans a pie and drink it will probably cost them 100 quid :joy:

At work thank god

I hope they’re not expecting to buy them from the Bescot when they get here. They’ll be sold out after the first 5 fans have turned up :wink:

4 Likes

It is what happens during that hiatus that defines the mood. The odd cup run, the odd youth coming through the ranks, the odd flirtation with play offs. Just some odd moments of hope in amongst the dross.

We don’t do that anymore. And you worry that the ten year hiatus might become 15 or 20.

Anyway 0-0. “A platform from which to build”

1 Like

3.150 ? I know we are expecting a low turnout but… :wink:

2 Likes

Anyway I am going tonight.My wife isn’t because she is unwell so you can include her in the non attendees. I hope for a win but when you lack people to put the ball in the net you are in trouble no matter how you play.

1 Like

:grinning:It’s the closest most will get to a Pi given recent catering mishaps.

16 Likes

It was the .150 that really worried me. I thought you were making some subtle point(as you often do ) about the mental capacity of a fan. :grin:

1 Like

Was going to go tonight but looking at the bleak, dark, damp, depressing forecast, don’t think I will.

The weather doesn’t look good either.

Has to be a win though to stop the rot.

3 Likes

The club are doing the same thing they did for the Swindon game back to back tweet’s about buying tickets like that’s going to make a difference,
I checked on the stadium map and compared tonight’s game to the Colchester game on Saturday and no more tickets have been brought so basically unless people are going up tonight to pay at the ticket office (very unlikely) it’s the 2,800 season ticket Holders that won’t all turn up and 100 Crawley fans they’ll probably announce the gate 3,400 or something but they’ll only be around 3,000 there .

Decided to steer clear of the shit Football and burnt food tonight.

However I’ll probably still watch it IFollow so the club still wins :joy:

Just checked the forecast and it looks like the rain is going to start to ease a bit around six o’clock. It’s still going to be a nasty night, and wind and rain always seem to feel worse in the dark, but hopefully it won’t be as bad as it’s been this afternoon.

To be fair, in Wyrley at the moment, it’s dry and actually relatively light.

1 Like

Considering the dross that’s been consistently served up and the jackanory emanating from the board room, I am astounded at the level of support that has been retained. Every Walsall fan should be proud - this new regime has been given every chance and has been given the benefit of the doubt over a lot of the same old issues.

However, hot air without any tangible change will only cover things up for so long.

3 Likes

Just been looking at today’s programme. Crawley seem to have 34 players in the squad!

But the thing that caught my eye was the feature on Acker Birch. He was only 16 when he first played for us (he came on as sub for the legendary 4-3 against Bristol Rovers). Nowadays we think 19 year olds are raw. What’s different?

Our travelling fans would end up with burnt sausage rolls and warm beer :grin:

Development Systems, fitness and nutrition making it a more athletic game for under developed players to thrive in, increased pressure in terms of social media engagement and focus on performances that can destroy a young players confidence that isn’t ready.

It’s not impossible for teens to make it today, but their not being introduced to the same game Acker Birch was.

Same in Aldridge mate had a 2 minute deluge of hail and heavy rain it’s passed now and the maps show isolated showers from here on in.

1 Like

I was being flippant with my comment, although without specifically checking, the odd cup run, the odd youth coming through and the odd flirtation with the play offs all seem like a once in ten years occurence already.
I get the feeling that I have been amongst those most displeased and least tolerant of what our play has become over recent years. A very low ebb.

1 Like

Not yet as bad as last year, by a long way.

1 Like