D 1-1 vs Grimsby Town (A) - League Two - Sat 25th March, 3pm

And the amount of games i have been told it is allocated seating, then going to the seat i have been allocated, to see someone else sitting in it, and them saying " just sit anywhere mate"
So off we go to find another, to then have some knob turn up, with his seat ticket, and refuse to sit anywhere but the seat he has been allocated, and fetching the steward to move us :joy:

7 Likes

Sit where you like

Got asked the other week at Hartlepool by one of there stewards to move as i was with a mate and in 2 of OUR supporters seats, i looked at him as if to say are ya kidding as there loads of empty seats and he just shrugged his shoulders and said i know

1 Like

Appears to be unreserved seating.

It’s a bit more convoluted than that. Some clubs do allocated seats, some do unreserved by default.

A small number of clubs sell the away tickets direct via their own eTicketing so if they also allocate you can pick your own seat. Most though send the tickets to our office and they just sell the next one off the pile so you can’t choose and therefore could end up in any seat.

BUT even with numbered tickets you’ll find that most people will just sit where they want anyway - especially the noisy crew fresh out of the pub at 2 minutes to kick off who, for a “big” game, tend to head to the back or as close to the home fans as they can get regardless of who is already sat there.

This isn’t usually a problem where we take less than our allocation and there are plenty of free seats to choose from. You might get the odd person who insists on only sitting in the seat that their tickets says to, but mostly not a problem if you want to move to somewhere more to your liking as the majority of regular fans will be doing the same and the stewards are happy to let you.

When we’re near capacity though that can get a bit trickier. Early doors stewards will try to direct people to their proper seats (for safety reasons) but the closer to kick off you get it starts to fall apart - especially when the 2:58 crew etc. At a certain point they just give up.

1 Like

I thought you could watch away games on ifollow anyway or am I just thinking of mid week games and all Saturday games, whether home or away, have a blanket no watch policy?
Going to tune in tomorrow hopefully!

Yeah, that’s a fair summary.

I have always been someone who didn’t get into the ground early, so that may cloud my experiences. I do get in earlier since I have been taking my Son though.

I have had it where someone insists on sitting in their allocated seat that I happen to be in when there are hundreds of free seats around us.

We also had a bit of a problem at Newport this season. When someone who had a few too many decided to give me some abuse and threaten me cos I asked if he could move from our seats after half time (there were none free with two spaces for me and my Son) Wasn’t a pleasant experience and left my Son in tears.

Only mid-week league games usually available in the UK. Saturdays are blocked (in the UK, not abroad*) unless it’s an international break or other exeptional reason.

• You used to be able to get around this if you appeared to be outside the UK by usng a VPN but there have been a few issues with this recently and the iFollow bods apear able to detect if you are using one. So you can try it but not guaranteed to work.

On the rattler to Nottingham, then connecting onto the train to Grimsby Town. Sun is shining looks like it’s going to be a good day.

See ya there, i’ll look out for ya

Hope you have wrapped up warm. Chilly breeze out this morning.

He’ll be the one with a bowler hat and pink carnation in his tweed lapel, with a rolled up edition of “ The Times “ tucked under his arm whilst lightly tapping the pavement with his silver topped ebony cane, surrounded by his entourage of debriefing staff :joy:

3 Likes

Happened to the wife and I at a home match some years ago, when the home crowd was ‘sparse’ to say the least, she’s never been to a match since. The guy wasn’t even drunk just obstinate and grumpy! It was HIS seat, he was a season ticket holder.

Match today? 0-0 lump on.

Just bin spotted getting into a sedan on way to pub :joy:

Easy to spot then :rofl:

Just get this season over and done with it’s been another wasted year of my life.

2 Likes

Ye but you have had some fun in the prosses :wink:

1 Like

The company I’ve been keeping has been awesome mate met you @RedandWhite @Belphegor and @Belgiansaddler the problem starts after you’ve gone through the turnstiles :smile:

1 Like

Fancy us today, a 2 nil win.

With their cup exploits and an extra game in the week hopefully they are knackered and deflated.

1 Like

Based on MF’s pre match spiel of free flowing football am predicting a 9-1-0 formation and a narrow loss due to “narrow margins”

Have updated an old chestnut

2 Likes