D 1-1 vs Leyton Orient (H) - League Two - Sat 11th Feb, 3pm

1-0

A real opportunity to lay down a marker and kick start our league season. Last six weeks from a league perspective has been incredibly frustrating, a tough run of fixtures, a mixed bag of performances and a number of postponements.

Our home form is quite superb and with a plethora of home fixtures upcoming this is a really big game to me and one I back us to go and win. Sounds like another bumper audience with as many as 6,000 in attendance to see the league leaders slayed.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had a tough run of games and with the league leaders coming to town tomorrow, it doesnā€™t get any easier.
We really havenā€™t played well since the cup.game if Iā€™m honest. Thereā€™s poiints on the board, and our need to be taken seriously by other clubs of our intent on mounting a challenge for a play off place.
The first of these points has to begin tomorrow.
UTS.

2 Likes

Hmmm I fancy a win to be honest, no reason just a feeling.

Which means a routine 3 nil defeat probablyā€¦

Iā€™ve seen it show that block on other games. No idea why.

I agree. The middle of the park has not been sorted. We had moved away from the Kins / Comley partnership with some considerable success, but it returned and, in fairness, did a job at Stockport. I fear that weā€™re stuck with a similar formation now.

1 Like

Looking forward to game tomorrow, just hope saddlers can get there act together going forward and hold the ball up a little better. Hopping leyton orient bring a few fans who cheer there team on as Leicester fans were so quiet overall. Im going for 3.1 walsall win with monthe getting a hattrick.

1 Like

We most certainly need some points on the board if we are to even re-imagine our very slim outside chance at a play off spot, but fear that one point from our last two matches means that our ship has sailed. Would just love us to nick a 1-0 win, but get the feeling that two defences will nullify any thought of a football match breaking out. Another 0-0.

Its fine margins. Tranmere Monthe fkfest. Salford Monthe sitter. Northampton Knowles ugh. Theres 5 extra points.

2 Likes

Apart from bit about the runnng during training, MF didnā€™t mention Riley - but last week he was on about him being ready for tomorrowā€™s game?

1 Like

Likes to play a few games with the opponents does our micky flynn to keep them guessing. As well as his own teamā€™s supporters :joy:

Need to start scoring.

I think we will tomorrow, but I think they will too.

1-1
5,678 (678)

hope is we play more football and not aimless hoofball like in the last 2 games if we do we can get a result they have a very solid defence lumping it will be bread and butter for them.

1 Like

This is the issue for me too since DJ left. Iā€™m hoping we will utilise the wing backs to get balls into the box instead of lumping it up the pitch for opposing defenders to clear.These look like they could be back on track after a sticky patch and to be on 63 points after 30 games in a league where anyone can beat anyone usually stands out to me.Iā€™d be extremely happy if we won but I just canā€™t see it so Iā€™ll go 1-1 same as you.

3 Likes

From Jenkins E&S -
Conor Wilkinson has come back from a long term ankle injury after missing eight months.
Wasnā€™t it an ACL injury?

1 Like

It was so disappointing to watch all the hoofing when we have a new striking partnership thatā€™s just begging for some decent crosses. And Iā€™m afraid that that is down to Flynn 100%. Misdirected hoofs are totally ineffective and usually the ball comes straight back into our own half.

2 Likes

2-1 to us with front two getting 1 apiece

@RobHarv3y comprehensive pre-match report has persuaded me to go :grin:

Had a crap week so thought Iā€™ll only be miserable at home so I might as well go to the Bezla and be miserable there. Taxi in a bit, hope trains turns up and heading to the Railway so you might get the pints I owe you for the Stockport ticket @RedandWhite :grin:

5 Likes

Might have to wait for your pints @RedandWhite ive been hijacked by Tommo so probably heading to Katz for a prematch beverage or 7 :grinning:

1 Like