D 1-1 vs Newport County (H) - League Two - Sat 18th Feb, 3pm

Poundland Bescot Stadium is always a difficult place to go.

Nah - it’s right on the M6 - you can’t miss it.

Tickets selling well for this one. 6,000 plus expected. :+1:

1 Like

It seems as though there’s a genuine upsurge in support, to do with the freehold sale?

I wonder if some of those that vowed never to attend Bescot while Bonser still owned it, are actually returning as promised.

Makes you wonder what the potential could be if we were promoted, Lincoln - to possibly - Rotherham type levels maybe?

1 Like

Looking at the online sales, it looks a low attendance tomorrow, I could be wrong.

I can see us winning this one. I’ll go 2-0 goals coming from the two linesmen.

1-1 again I’m afraid.

They’ve had some really good results lately.

We currently have the best support that I’ve witnessed since supporting the club. Even our near miss promotion to the championship season we had attendances in the low to mid 4k’s including away fans which were mostly better than the average away following in this league. LP asked for 5k home fans week in, week out when he bought the club and we’re now there.

I’ve said this before but trust us, the most league one club of all league one clubs to be in league two at a time when league one is full of sleeping giants. Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Derby, Portsmouth and then clubs like Oxford, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers who all have brilliant away followings, not to mention local rivals such as Shrewsbury and Port Vale. Our 5k home fans in that league probably becomes 6k and with the away followings we’d get, we’d easily average over 7k.

We’re still in touching distance of the play offs so lets hope we give it everything until the end of the season and try and get that promotion.

1 Like

I think it is just one defeat for Newport since before Chrimble, and that was away at Carlisle. Quite a few draws though, so they haven’t been bounding up the table too much.
I shall say 0-0 but hope for something more exciting.

Our average audience this season at 5,388 is the envy of many League Two clubs and buoyed by another 6k+ gate tomorrow we could well be swelling that average by the end of the season to in excess of 5.5k with some big games at the Poundland Bescot still to come.

Interestingly our average attendance at all away games this season of 6,814 is the second highest in the division which shows what an attraction we are to other clubs when Walsall come rolling into town.

1 Like

May be less home fans than against Orient but I think Newport are expected to bring a few which will make up for that.

The attendances might suffer with so many home games in a short space of time. Multiple Tuesdays won’t help the average either, but it’s great to see a noticeable upturn in numbers this year.

As for the game, like Flynn says, we’re now in must win territory. I don’t care how pretty it is, we need a win and confidence boost heading into these ‘easier’ games.

Kingcrod ive yet to see this power and pace from DJT. All i see is someone who will fly down the league’s if he doesn’t show the above

Think everone saying the same defensively were ok but going forward is poor.

MF on returning injured players

“Joe (Riley) will be involved tomorrow whether he starts or on the bench. Liam is very very close. So they’ll be two very good additions because I think we’ve missed Joe this season”

Not sure if either will start but wouldn’t it be nice to have these both fully fit and match sharp

2 Likes

I would go with the same team.

We need 3 points here. Newport have hit a bit of
form and will be backed by over 1000 tomorrow. Going to be a tough game…

1 Like

Impressive numbers that is considering their average home attendances and distance!

I’m not sure if they travel well everywhere but they bought 600+ up on a Tuesday night a couple years ago and was impressed then too. Must be a mixture of the Flynn factor and playing the mighty Saddlers.

1 Like

He might get those 10 goals by this Christmas :smile:.Joking apart he’s a young lad and aimed high, he’s enthusiastic about his career that’s all fair enough I guess.

He is young and fit, standout characteristics amongst our geriatric and crippled ‘strikers’. Perhaps he should get his chance?

I think we will win this one, 2 nil.

Hopefully we can do it without parking the bus second half too.