D 1-1 vs Newport County (H) - League Two - Sat 18th Feb, 3pm

This really is a must win game, lose tomorrow and the gap will be to much.

I think his “10 goals by Christmas” comment really meant he was expecting a Danny Johnson show reel DVD in his stocking. :rofl:

1 Like

What kinda of player is Riley and whats even his position lol

Literally no one really knows but apparently he’s gonna cure all ills :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The Poundland Bescot Stadium is always a tough place for us to go so we’ll do well to get 3 points from this.

6 Likes

Will there be a bumper crowd of noisy saddlers fans too? I personally very much grout it.

2 Likes

Well that’s his problem. He won’t score many like that. Aim low, Douglas.

2 Likes

I mean it’s here and you’ve not posted yet? :man_shrugging:

In my own time Robert :wink:

1 Like

What do we reckon Flynn will do tomorrow ?

Evans

White Daniels Monthe

Knowles Comley Kinsella Gordon

Hutch

Stevens Matt

I’d be surprised if it was much different to that. If Kinsella is ready, then maybe Maddox in there instead.

Got a feeling MF will mix it up a bit tomorrow. Maybe a 4-3-3 to catch his old employers unaware. Hope so anyway as we need to be on the front foot and desperately need 3 points and some entertainment for our supporters who have been amazing in numbers.

2 Likes

He keeps dangling Riley in front of us. A starter tomorrow or not even in the squad again?

With Willmott out that leaves room for DJT as the 5th loanee - especially with Wilkinson also out and Williams as our only other back up forward.

If Kins does start then you can bet it will be alongside Comley rather than instead of him. Makes us harder to beat but limits our creativity - would rather have Hutch and Maddox (or even Allen to be honest) playing in midfield, but only room for one not both.

If I was picking …

Evans

White Daniels Low Monthe

Riley Hutch Kins Knowles

Matt DJT

Bench: Smith McEntee Williams Stevens Maddox Comley … then 1 out of Gordon, Allen, Songo’o, or Maher (probably Allen given Gordon’s drop in form, Songo’o not having any to start with, and RAM still being a bit green)

In the stand: Labadie Earing Wilkinson Willmott

1 Like

I spoke to Kinsella on Saturday. He said that he was starting running at the start of this past week.

Maybe a little to early for him to be back?

Apparently I got told on Thursday when in Newport that they “are having a reunion “ for this game. Although apparently they are not looking to cause trouble (let’s hope they don’t) I’m sure the Flynn, Hatswell, Matt, Labadie and Willmott factor albeit the last 2 won’t play have an influence also.

We’ll see how that unfolds then when the beers and old tales of the past are flowing :rofl: fair play to them though, it’s always good to see a good away following at the bescot

1 Like

1 x Adult and 1 x Child ticket going in the Lower.

I was going to start typing out a team, then realised that your team is the exact team I’d go for :smile:

Interesting that Flynn said that Riley could possibly start, if so maybe him in midfield with Comley

Is Riley a defensive midfielder like Conley a number 8 like earing or more like a hutch?
Just curious as to have a lineup and tactics with Riley would look with all his hype of signing

I’ve only seen him briefly against Villa, but he seems like a forward thinking number 8

2 Likes

I would also change formation but there is literally no chance Flynn will move away from 2 up front and I don’t think we have the midfielders to play 442

Personally I’d go with the following but there’s no chance of it happening in a 4-2-3-1 :-

Evans 

White. Daniels. Monthe. Gordon.

Songo’o.  Comley.  

Knowles. Hutchinson. Allen.

Matt.  

Bench : GK. Williams. DJT. Low. Stevens. McEntee. RAM

I’d normally go Maddox for Songo’o but I don’t think he’ll be fit looking at when he came off Tuesday.

Kinsella wont be ready and neither will Riley.

Bare bones bench I literally picked what’s left!