D 1-1 vs Scunthorpe United (H) - League Two - Tue 17th Aug, 7:45pm

Yeah I suggested the same after the game too as well pal. I’d go with Kins, Perry and Labadie to make things a bit more solid for a bit. Maybe Earring in place of one of them also.

We do seem overloaded in central midfield. I thought Earing was a 10 when we signed him, but has been bought on twice as a standard centre mid. I also assumed Odadebe was going to be a utility player across the 3 in a 4231 but he now seems to be playing centre midfield. Bit odd.

1 Like

Yep. Even if I don’t rate Osedebe there, it appears our central midfield options consist of Labadie, Kinsella, Perry, Bates, Earing, Osedebe and don’t forget Willis was beginning to look like a potential breakthrough player this season. Even Holden has played there at a push, although the conspiracy theorist in me tells me he won’t be fit until his agent tells him he is. At the moment competing for two positions.

Quite strange when you have one left winger, one player covering both left and right back and doesn’t look that good at either and no out and out striker in the squad.

1 Like

I can’t see us losing this one. To do so would mean three successive defeats, something that has never happened in the history of our great club.

Comfortable 2-0 win.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Got a feeling we’ll see Leak at RB and Mills at LB. Will probably rest Ward as he did against Donny

1 Like

Has there been any news on when White will be back? He looked impressive to me in the pre-season games he played.

1 Like

If the bloke can’t start two games in a week then he shouldn’t have been signed, or we need an actual left back as cover. Messing about with utility players is asking for trouble.

4 Likes

I think Sam Perry definitely deserves a start. We wasted months last season under Clarke without him being used. He definitely brings something to the table

5 Likes

Alice is better on the bench - or is it the beam?

2 Likes

Didn’t we lose something like 16 on the bounce in Division 2 in 1988/89?

1 Like

Who eat all the pies
Who eat all the pies
Mole did
Mole did
Mole eat all the pies

Then washed it down with all the beer,

1 Like

I don’t know, but we’ve lost three on the bounce this calendar year. I assume it was a sarcastic comment that people dare to be unhappy with watching us lose while standing in puddles of piss, after months of said people also telling us they reckon we will be play offs or maybe even top 3 and anyone saying otherwise is moaning for the sake of it.

1 Like

Gotta be looking to play the extra midfielder even if he does insist on Osadebe. We’ve gotta keep it tighter in the middle. If we play our fullbacks high we will lose again, they are utterly pace less, and it’s tactical suicide.

433 all day long for me. And stick menayese in for Monthe.

1 Like

And bost his teeth on them

1 Like

Yeah - we bloody did, I went to all of them……

1 Like

I’m not going to this one - not because I’ve thrown the rattle out the pram but just down to circumstance.
I feel this is a draw although I do hope we score a hatful, the beer lasts all night and the bogs don’t leak.
1 out of three?..…

1 Like

My thoughts entirely, will we see him in a Walsall shirt again? As likely as the bogs not swimming in pith, as likely as Pomlett sacking the Stadium Manager, as likely as Gamble & Mole earning their salaries!
We HAVE a Stadium Manager??? God if we have such an individual, after Saturdays shambles he/she should have resigned immediately! Wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes in my Company!
On to the subject, Taylor will pick Ossy & Monthe again, get the formation completely wrong again and we will go down to a 1-0 defeat. just under 3K in attendance.

If a season ticket holder doesn’t turn up are they still included in the attendance? X

Yes they are