D 1-1 vs Sutton United (A) - League Two - Sat 22nd Oct, 3pm

2-1 to the Super Saddlers. This will be a battle. Can’t make it this weekend as the better half has got me grouting the bathroom.

Is that a euphonism? :wink:

1 Like

Make sure you fill all His/Her gaps in for them then mate.If a jobs to be done it’s to be done properly.

1 Like

Again?!

Let’s hope you are quicker than DJT and can actually finish, not just say you can.

All the best.

1 Like

Let’s hope there is a good audience to see your efforts.

I think a draw is the most likely result. 1-1 is my prediction.

1 Like

Another tough game, imho.
We have a depleted squad (again) so gaining a point, or more, on the road would be a confidence builder.
Please tear out all the pages (in the football manual) that refer to any kind of hoof ball, the only thing it guarantees is a severe headache the next morning!
IF we’re to climb the table, we have to start by winning games like these.

A low scoring draw or a narrow defeat. The story of the season so far…

2 Likes

Is that a wind instrument?

2 Likes

Pipe organ?

Came over for this one last year and had a few days in London. Sutton battered us in the first half but it was nil nil at half time. Then we got a winner second half and we all hoped it would be a springboard. Unfortunately we were wrong.

The very modest hotel in Hammersmith was around £90 last year but is now £225 for one night!!

UP THE SADDLERS

Biggest bet is what has the higher %age - Walsall possession or total ball in play…

Fair play to anyone going tomorrow because despite all the sob stories and excuses (fine margins, individual/refereeing mistakes etc etc) our results generally away from home have been awful in the 8 months under Flynn.

I make it we have played 17 away league games with a total record of P17 W2 D6 L9 F13 A24 Pts 12.

The 2 wins - Forest Green in his first game. Newport this season where we won with an own goal and not having a single shot on target.

Of the 9 losses, there was the 5-0 hammering at Swindon and all the others have been either 1-0 or 2-1.

In those 17 games, we have only scored more than 1 goal on only one occasion, the 2-2 draw at Colchester near the end of last season.

3 Likes

Was he in charge for the forest green match? I thought that was Taylor’s assistant after he had been sacked?

1 Like

That was the Tranmere game at home

I think that he was appointed a day or so before the game, but as you say, the caretaker (McDonald) picked the team and managed the tactics if I remember correctly.

Ah, I didn’t see that until I’d posted.

I’m expecting an ugly game that will finish 1-0 either way.

1 Like

Paying much less than that for a pretty decent deluxe room at a hotel just a few minutes leisurely walk from our end of the ground.

Been down here in dat der London since Wednesday, enjoying a bit of sightseeing (mainly pubs :joy:).

3 Likes