D 1-1 vs Sutton United (H) - League Two - Sat 1st April, 3pm

As our season starts to wind down into the nothingness of nothing, we welcome Sutton United to The Poundland Bescot Stadium.

The Amber and Chocolates head into this game 9th in League Two, just 3 points and 2 places outside of the playoffs, therefore will be keen to add another three points to their total with just 8 games left for them.

Manager Matt Gray has done a fantastic job with them since they were promoted from the National League two seasons ago, and it might not be too long until clubs with bigger budgets or from a higher division come calling for him.

Taking a quick look at some of our visitors stats this season:

• 40 goals in 38 league games (also conceded 40!)
  • Average of 11.9 shots per game
  • Average 45.8% possession per game
  • 58.7% completed pass rate
  • Average 30.5 aerial duels won per game

Most Appearances - Defender, Joe Kizzi (38)
Most Goals - Left Winger, Will Randall (6)
Worst Discipline - Forward, Omar Bugiel (11 Yellow, 1 Red)

Sutton United’s most recent fixtures have been:

As for The Saddlers, I have about as much interest in them as I had in the Boat Race this previous weekend, but here are our stats for comparison:

• 39 goals in 38 league games
  • Average of 11 shots per game
  • Average 44.6% possession per game
  • 58.9% completed pass rate
  • Average 22.8 aerial duels won per game

Most Appearances - Goalkeeper, Owen Evans (38)
Most Goals - Attacking Midfielder, Isaac Hutchinson (5) (DJ has 12)
Worst Discipline - Defender, Hayden White(12 Yellow)

Bored of seeing the same crap in the media - “It’s a long shot but we are still aiming for the play-offs” blah, blah, blah. Wonder if April Fools has been done early this season?

In reality, the summer holidays are being booked, and the beach towels are being readied.

Who is choosing not to attend this game, where you would usually go?

Only reason I am going is for a mixed grill with @DanG_WFC before the game.

It’s not going to be a game for the ages, it’s going to be a long hard slog. Enjoy the game…

Walsall vs Sutton United - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • Sutton United Win

0 voters

2 Likes

I think Flynn’s lost the dressing room judging from the string of poor performances. We’ll be lucky to get anything out of this at all.

4 Likes

3rd game in a row I’m not attending
Going with the family to blits hill
No interest in this team or manager now at all

5 Likes

Oh, and Sutton United are around 2-1 to win the last time I checked.

May put what I’d usually spend at the match on those odds . Get me a couple of Easter eggs

1 Like

Looking forward to a live game after a month away and catching up with a few muckas.

Be nice to see us score a goal as well

4 Likes

I’ll come and find you in the bar and say hello.

1 Like

Yuk :nauseated_face:

More like the Piss and Shits. Nailed on 0-0. Best lump on 4-2.

No creativity so no goals 0-0.

Nailed on 0-0. More importantly, mixed grill time!

1 Like

Not bothering for the rest of the season… gonna enjoy my weekends off… will start with new hope at the start of next season… only to give up when we do nothing again

1 Like

I can’t ever remember finding a game so unappealing.

Fans are literally just throwing money away now.

I’m not going Saturday cos I am seeing my Daugther. Glad of a reason not to go. I can’t even give my season ticket away. No one wants it.

2 Likes

0-0 or 1-0 to them.

4-0 Saddlers

1 Like

Another one who passed briefly through Bescot. He was a winger, signed on loan at a time we didn’t play using wingers. I think he might have come off the bench a time or two. A pointless loan signing to add to many others. Not his fault, and he’s made a career for himself, so good luck to him.

3 Likes

Weekend off and cannot be bothered to go , will rest before going to see Micky Flanagan

1 Like

I cant be bothered, might go on the piss instead.

1 Like

Mrs KingCrod going to this game as a guest of honour of the club, and she’s absolutely buzzing for it.

On the pitch I expect us to keep up our excellent home run, it will be a tight game Sutton are a good side, but I think we will bounce back from Tuesday, particularly after Micky read them The Riot Act (1714) after the game, and we will run out comfortable 2-0 winners in front of 5,750 spectators.