D 1-1 vs Tranmere Rovers (A) - League Two - Sat 14th Jan, 3pm

I thought the linesman was flagging for offside but the ref never looked his way so he put his flag down. Gordon was having a right go at him before the ref stepped over to have a word then called across Monthe and showed him a card.

Was the lino actually signalling a foul by Manny but the ref let them play on? If so, then what was Gordon moaning at him about? And the way he had his flag up look more like the signal for offside than a foul to me.

His second yellow looked to be a totally cock up between him and Evans. Monthe seemed to be well in control of the situation and could have played an easy back pass - except Evans is haring out so instead he tries to shepherd the ball until Evans can get to it - but their forward senses he could get there first now Manny has slowed down and not played it himself - and cue a panicky attempt to whack the ball out. Couldn’t see from our end if he played the ball or the man first but their fans were baying for blood and the ref obliged.

That was the turning point really as, though we didn’t play well, I don’t think Tranmere were all that much and didn’t look capable of getting back in the game without a helping hand.

1 Like

Yeah, from watching the highlights, Monthe clearly got ahead of Hemmings and could have cleared the ball out easily, but chose to try and shepherd it for Evans to collect but made a mess of it. I think it is these panciky moments that stop him playing higher up the league. He seems a bit unsure of what to do a few times a game and then relies on muscle to get him out of a situation. Too often he grabs shirts, appears to be pushing his weight onto or over players and then sometimes, he let’s himself go over quite easily to win a foul (clever play in some books) to help get out of trouble. I wish he would win more headers and had a right foot too!

Don’t get me wrong, he has been immense at times for us this season and uses his pace (not over the first 5-10 yards but will catch up and overtake over a 30+ yard dash) to help us in many games, and I would like to retain him on a new deal, but he needs that voice and more leader centre half next to him - I saw Daniels and even White at times telling him where to be, to drop a bit on throw ins etc.

2 Likes

We’ve just drawn away at Tranmere, great result UT

Massive strides forward

1 Like

Yes, it was pretty horrible. Athough the same for both sides, thought if affected us slightly more as the driving rain seeemed to ease off in the second half so wasn’t blown into their faces as much as it was for our players in the first half.

1 Like

Pretty boring game tbh, Tranmere was nothing special and we never got into it. Wind was a huge factor and that rain…But still too take a point on a off day is a new leaf for us, would of been a loss in seasons’s gone so ill take it and move on too the next…Dont care what anyone says the shift in the way the players now work for the shirt has changed and it clear by the results they all wanna achieve!

Wtf was that ball boy doing at the end? Great away support again…i hope we sign DJ hes very key too how we play and with a goal tally we aint saw from one players in ages hes HUGE…

Morris is still a little ****

Gensaux having a little pop again cos it wasnt a win, give over and p off you irrtating little vermin, KIns deffo MOTM, he must of been batterd and bruised and still fighted on…Also WIlliams when he came on was excellent if only he had that pace but still great performance…KIns and Coms still dont work and sets us up too be batterd in our own 6yard box

2 Likes

Must have missed that !!! What did the ball boy do ?

Knocked ball out Whites hands as he went too throw that ball in from by the corner in the last minute…Thats why everyone was singing “wanke*” at the end

1 Like

Scrappy game. Draw was fair but frustrating in the context of their equaliser.

Still yet to see what Comley brings other than legs.

Thought comley and Maddox had really poor games today.

1 Like

Great point
Poor performance
M.O.M was Kins closely followed by Daniels
Not sure the change in system in the first half worked . DJ didn’t get much help .
Defence is solid
Midfield lacks authority, we need to start dominating games
Strike force is fine
Onwards and upwards

1 Like

So team was racked with illness today. Still not easy to say gaffa I can’t play today I’ve got a cold when your team mate is getting kicked in the head and floored every match and just getting up and carrying on. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bet if Morris has picked it up during the game his mom will send a note in asking if Keiran can be excused from games though😁

Reckon Kins will be proper yampy by the end of the season if he keeps getting kicked in the head like that.
Commentators on iFollow seemed totally amazed he got up and carried on for the rest of the games after he was left in a pile on the floor. You’d think they’d know what he’s like by now.:smile:

To be fair Maddox was kicked all over the park today,the incident before halftime where he was thrown to the ground was a yellow at least…and then the incident with Turnbull where he was kicked headfirst into the advertising boards and further kicked whilst on the floor!
4 meters away from the assistant referee…but he kept going.

Maddox is very inconsistent. Awful day today. Once Knowles gone that was it. Hutchinson the same very inconsistent. Williams did more than the rest . Apart from the two step tango with Monthe and the goal Evans handling and general kicking was superb

Agree with that but did nothing going forward all game .

All the players put in shift today without being spectacular, but they didn’t let anyone down, and finding out that some of them were not feeling 100 percent, but STILL performed has made it even more special
Well done boys :wink:

2 Likes

That’s a bit harsh. He wasn’t awful by any means. He’s a technically gifted ball player and today was a game for anything but! He competed and worked hard but had little input creativity wise due to the nature of the game. We also have no idea if he was also off colour or had been ill.

Knowles was as anonymous as anyone else in a creativity sense. It just wasn’t the game for skill or flair!

Also, him and Hutchinson have come off after 45 with Flynn publicly saying they’d been ill. I can assure you or anyone else trying to go out and compete physically at this level is nigh on impossible if you’ve been laid low with what most people have had recently. Last year we called it Covid, this year people are just ‘ill’!

To me it looked like both of them were really struggling and we have no idea how long they’ve been ill for. I have family who have had this ‘thing’ for 3 weeks!

1 Like

Jager bomb chasers with Jonah from 10AM in Liverpool Spoons. Taxi to Mersey Clipper. Jager bomb chasers. Match. Back for Jager Bomb chasers in Mersey Clipper, taxi back to Liverpool. More Jaeger Bomb chasers. Train home. Blinding day, superb support. What was score? :laughing:

5 Likes

4-0 to Jagger by the looks of it :joy: :wink:

1 Like

More like 44 - 0 mate, was a long day :laughing:

1 Like

Can’t remember too many classics from '79/80, '95, 2007. This league is about accumulating points from wherever you can to get you over the line. Good return today

4 Likes