D 1-1 (W 4-2 pens) vs Northampton Town (A) - Papa John’s Trophy Group L - Tue 5th Oct, 7pm

We’re top of the league, we’re top of the league!

Good game and good performance. I thought that, if we were weakish anywhere it was the middle two, unsurprising since they lack match time. Plenty of creativity up front - through on the keeper 4 times but only one went in, which is a pity. And great penalties.

1 Like

I know it is a nothing comp, but can’t help feeling proud of that performance and result tonight :grinning:

1 Like

My brother says there were loads more than that. He was one.

1 Like

Good the more that went the more that watched a good result.

The second half was dominated by the poor weather conditions. I salute the Saddlers fans who travelled to the game.
We had our moments, Shade should have done better with the chance he had but pushed it wide.
Northampton are a decent side, it’s not difficult to see why they’re tenth in the league.
Good penalty taking by the lads and a good save by Rose who played well during the game.
Three points on Saturday please.

1 Like

He did and looked confident.

There looks to be a bit of comradery at the club, love to see a bit of Argy Bargy and players sticking up for each other, and they all seemed to get involved with Rose at the end of the game with a bit of hair rubbing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

We can. FGR and Brighton have only played one game.

1 Like

Decent performance and decent game. Fair play to the faithful who went. Looked quite lively going forward at times and didn’t think they looked like scoring in 2nd half till they got the penalty. Thought Rose, Oss and Kiernan were impressive and Perry looked more confident. Shade should have buried that one on one. Felt for Perry when his pass set up them for the penalty and felt for Bates getting booked for absolutely nothing. Good minutes on pitch for a few. Was a bit worried with Labadie coming on with that referee! Nice to see us score some pens!

1 Like

Enjoyable game.
Although I was certain the game I watched finished 1-1? How did I miss 2 goals? Did Oss the Boss get the second as well?

You’re definitely seeing things………

Collector’s Item

1 Like

Aside from the prize money. This competition has become a farce.

650 at Charlton yesterday and barrow brought their second goalkeeper on to play up front.

What a shame when I think of the Preston game or when it was auto windscreens and the games against millwall.

To be fair mate , two fully committed teams last night

1 Like

No I know mate, I understand and you made the point before and I was overzealous in response.

I agree with you James , if the powers that be had handled the competition better they could have had a successful competition , realistically it’s the only way for clubs like us to realistically have a involvement in the latter stages of a cup competition

Thing is these u23’s are offering nothing to the competition, most are crap and not enjoyable to watch.

A lot of the bigger clubs are not playing their top talent, it’s pointless.

There was 8 at accrington last night. 8 people.