Dan Scarr to leave

On that note, is Scarr the last Keates signing to leave?

Didnā€™t we want him to resign for us? So it seems quite a few people paid to manage football teams think heā€™s a L1/L2 footballer.

Still, what do they know :joy:

3 Likes

Guess so unless he extended Roberts stay?

If itā€™s those at Walsall very little.

2 Likes

And Port Vale and Plymouth :grinning:

No great loss - perhaps we should have kept James Clarke though. Iā€™m surprised that Plymouth want Scarr though - he hasnā€™t shown League1 quality in his time at Walsall. Letā€™s hope we can get a decent replacement - thereā€™s lots of players gone out but nothing coming in. I know itā€™s only 10th June but other clubs are already signing players.

3 Likes

So you dont rate him then?

5 Likes

James Clarke was trying to negotiate silly money to stay with us! Not sorry to see Scarr or Clarke go. We move forwardā€¦

1 Like

How do you know that?

I was with someone very close to the club yesterday. Clarke wasnā€™t training under Dutton and wanted big money to stay. Glad to see the pair of them gone.

1 Like

That seems to be at odds with what Clarke has been quoted as saying in the E&S: he said that he had unfinished business at the club - sounded quite humble, not Billy Big ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !

1 Like

Iā€™m sure he did have unfinished business if Walsall would of paid him what he was wanting! Glad to see him gone, letā€™s start againā€¦

Any news on new players yet lol

I know Iā€™ve said it before but he was good enough to play half the games for a Wycombe team which went up automatically from this division, and only lost his place because he got injured.

I donā€™t think heā€™s one of our best but having good players around you makes a difference, and imagine him with a 19 year old Scott Dann alongside him, or a 34 year old Derek Mountfield. And a proper Manager calling the shots, not an egomaniacal clown.

Having said that, I wouldnā€™t have been that bothered if everyone bar the kids had left, itā€™s been a crap few years and a new slate is welcome. I wish him good luck though, he always tried.

In a few years heā€™ll be a decent quiz answer to this question; name the Walsall player whose father had previously run the line in a League match at Bescot?

4 Likes

Not fussed about this. Easily replaceable.

As a club we need to up the standard of player we recruit. As fans, itā€™s easy to say ā€œhe was good in the air, good professional etc.ā€ Reality is he wouldnā€™t be anywhere near the 15/16 side, or the 06/07 side.

Best of luck for the future Dan and wish you a great career. We wonā€™t miss you

1 Like

Two youngsters from Villa linked. No idea who at the momentā€¦

2 Likes

All Hail the Dominant Defender.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I thought that he always gave 100% and had some good attributes. Lowe intends to play him in a back 3 so if the other two can play a bit and read the game he may prove to be the right guy for that combination. I think he was OK for L2 but his distribution was poor and if we want to get out of this league and stay in L1 we need better. Need to look to the future now.

2 Likes

I wonder why he didnā€™t sign a new deal? Was the salary not good enough? Or was it the two year contract offered by Plymouth compared to our usual one year offers that swung it? Be interesting to see who we can get through the door, our first couple of signings will set the agenda I feel for the rest of the signings.