Darrell Clarke: Mid-term report

I mean, the reason we have press conferences is to give fans some sort of insight into the managers take on the game, and generally the club as whole. So yeah.

And for the record, I regularly defended Whitney’s press comments, and thought he could have said anything and been criticised.

3 Likes

I know, so did I.

Are we bothered by the precise, and often trivial details of the delivery? Genuine question.

Seems a bit contrived at times.

I couldn’t care less. I think I have only ever commented on the content of what he says. He could stammer 40 times and refer to himself only in the third person before delivering that content for all I care.

2 Likes

Noted.

PS It wasn’t a response to your post specifically, more a general query.

1 Like

I didn’t take it as such, just as somebody who has critcised Clarke’s press comments I felt I should reply :+1:

2 Likes

I believe this thread could be summed up adequately with a fairytale scenario:
One of us wins the Euro Lottery, ships the wife out on a 6 month cruise around the world. Whilst foolishly buying out the leech ie Walsall F.C. Then sacks all the current board (including all the hidden leech kissers in the background like Whalley as well) with the exception of LP who is taken on as co-chairman.
Right, the team is crud, no entertainment, no coaching, no plan, no idea, no defence, no attack, soon to be very bottom end of the 4th Division, and a ground that is easy pickings for any team in need of 3 point haul. Who do we have to thank for this depressing state of affairs? DC!. So would we keep him on then? NO!

1 Like

Oh no hang on the two clever scientists are on, they’ve got degrees, PHD’s, massively posh jobs, and have spotted during their hours orbiting the earth in search of melting glaciers that Walsall FC are “improving”. So those of us that just just go to work, pay our money to watch football and have come to the conclusion that this season’s been generally utterly ■■■■ need a culture lesson.
I’ll just go to the back of the class will I?

6 Likes

Yep. F-

I bet you were happy as ■■■■ last week when McDonald missed that penno. How dare the NOW NOW NOW culture amongst our shocking paying support expect a goal against Morecambe at home.

1 Like

Literally have zero idea what that post means.

I want to know why you and Matt are orbiting the earth looking for molten window fitters?

2 Likes

Same here! It’s news to me!

Imagine a negative aspect of ones character being that you believe in logic, evidence and reason!

2020 ladies and gentlemen.

Maybe a somewhat sarcastic response to something to do with this post about six posts up on this thread when you talk about your fellow fans/society hey Sherlock??

But for once you are bang on the money, you do literally have zero idea.

I think you have wilfully misinterpreted or had some form of attribution error.

Could you explain how the above post you have highlighted has anything to do with Wes McDonald missing a penalty against Morecambe? :cowboy_hat_face:

Right we’ll do it step by step will we?

1. You constantly berate you fellow fan on here that wants a bit of success for being part of the “NOW NOW CULTURE”.
  2. Thats something that you keep mentioning on here, because you are so clever and other people arn’t, they havn’t got your “grasp” that the “Now Now Culture” is bad, its ruining Walsall FC.
  3. Walsall get a penalty in a game against a team we should be wiping the floor with and we miss it. I ironically mention it as an example of how you (who isn’t NOW NOW Culture) would be com(fart)able with this, not hacked off in the slightest like us NOW NOW PEOPLE, because we might score a penno against Morecambe in 2028 (albeit in a 4-1 home defeat in the National League North,

Do you understand: Or would some squggly bits and a bit of algebra help??

Yep.

Yep. I mean, it’s an actual psychological thing.

Why would someone be comfortable missing a penalty be related to the Now Now Now culture of football fans not giving managers and players time ? It makes zero sense.

This is gibberish.

I mean, youve had a good go. I could let you know a few equations about why you’ve tried to justify a nonsensical point but you tried.

1 Like

I’m Geordie’s other scientist? :smiley::sparkles::dizzy:

I’ve observed the evidence, calculated the data and correlated the results. How many pints Geordie, 7 or 8?

We’ll know for sure when the input diverts to ancient aliens again. :alien:

1 Like

I’m going to go out on a limb here. But I reckon Geordie either believes the moon landings were faked, ancient aliens is based on fact, 9/11 was an inside job, of the Earth is flat. Or all 4.

Get this thread back on track please all of you. Quit getting personal. Everybody is allowed an opinion. Agree or disagree respectfully, or take it to DM’s

7 Likes

It’s Mr Geordie your honour with a strange outburst.

I don’t think there’s much left to say after that. I don’t think it’s too off topic to be honest. I don’t see it as personal either really? I’ve just had a look up and the worst it gets is Geordie calling me Sherlock - which I actually love! My favorite literary hero :cowboy_hat_face:

I’ve been wanting to write an article on this now now now culture - I think I’ll make the time tomorrow.

1 Like