Darrell Clarke’s contacts list

He wouldn’t come back all the stick he took while he was here, I’m sure he had a nibble back at our fans after he left, so I’m glad to say I firmly believe that chapter is well and truly over

He must send/get a lot of Christmas cards then!

Keanu Marsh-Brown has just had his contract at Newport County cancelled by mutual consent. Winger with a decent pedigree and at 27, a good age too… :thinking:

1 Like

Would be a fantastic signing

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:…Really? I’m sure if he was “fantastic” Newport wouldn’t have cancelled his contract. In any case,DC’s got a massive contact book apparently…:grinning:

1 Like

You seen him play? A very good player at this level.

Many many times

Hes not at all

2 Likes

Seems on twitter Grimsby Town might be his destination.

@Butters it is Xmas and we’re all Walsall fans but out of curiosity, what kind of Walsall signings from the recent past got your fires burning?

In my view, we have to look at players that are better than what we currently have, with league experience. Right now, that’s not too difficult! For what it’s worth, I predict our ACTUAL January signings will be far less impressive!

Up the Saddlers and Merry Xmas to one and all though! :heart::red_circle::white_circle::soccer::fire::+1:t2::grinning:

Ive only been going small amount of time compared too most on here but i used too love Zigor…Wasnt a great defender but could put a wicked cross in…Jorge for a bloke who ran forever on empty and always knew where the net was…

Merson was one too me as a young lad that felt amazing, i mean first game and he slaps WBA for fun in front of a full stand in beautiful sun, will always live in my memory that day how we finished them goals…Shame he never really got it together here…

Darren byfield…I still say he was a good striker and had a great finnish

Merry Christmas

In DC we must trust

I agree on all of those, Butters! Byfield’s goal at Cardiff was a massive highlight of my life with WFC but on another level, Jamelia is pretty much my ideal woman so I have a few mixed feelings! I also loved seeing the homegrown talent coming through like Matty Fryatt in the Merson days.

I still think that Liam and Korey Roberts, together with Bates could be Walsall heroes of the future but we are crying out for a bit of quality aren’t we?

I’m convinced that there are a few clubs worse than us and I have some optimism for the rest of the season. UTS

As much as Matty Fryatt grew as a player for us i never really saw a “brilliant” kid in there but he deffo came good else where even if only for a short period…

100% we need more quality but i also feel we need more stability which i hope comes with January too because some players look so “nervous” if thats the word on the ball and always look for a quick ■■■■ it off so too speak…

In Lavs tho i feel we got a very good striker when he keeps fit and plays hes a great asset, His Finnish was bang on Saturday and put his self all over the pitch (same as gordon)…

Love robo no end, his passion pride and love for the shirt is class but how he dithers too come out collect or even command his box at the right time is poor and looks too cost us so many times…Jimmy never had that problem even for a little bloke…

I said before i dont see much improvement since first game of season but i deffo see DC’s ethic coming out in players now but just that quality we need lacks more often than that, and with one good bit of work can do so much for league positions Swindon prime example.

2 Likes

When was the last decent signing we made in January? I’m struggling to remember many/any! Why should this year be any different?

Unfortunately I agree I’m just ready to be beaten to decent signings by other clubs of similar stature fingers crossed I’m wrong and we actually make the right signings.

Apparently an unnamed League Two club have made a bid for Ollie Palmer at Crawley. Don’t know about @Butters or @SidSwifty but I would be really delighted if Walsall signed this man mountain. He’s always played well against us and would be a significant upgrade.

1 Like

Looked decent when they beat us in the cup earlier in the season.

1 Like

Well if it’s touch and go whether we can afford to tempt McDonald to stay,I can’t honestly see us paying a fee to Crawley.

1 Like

Mansfield?

Seem to remember Walker was a bit dithery when it came to crosses in his early days At the time I thought Trevor Wood was the better Keeper

2 Likes

After their new managerial appointment, you might be right @Worsul4eva . However, with Maynard, Cook and Rose, they’re pretty well stocked up front! They have the cash though and he’s played for them before…