Darrell Clarke’s contacts list

Seeing Trevor Woods name mentioned, didn’t he get took off one game at half time and jimmy replaced him, we was 2-0 down and come back and won or is my memory playing tricks on me, I was there but I cant remember who the manager was, I think it was Sir Ray.
I also seem to remember a playing was getting loads of stick from the fans cant remember who and sir ray asked us to stop and get behind him in the paper and the next game every time he touched the ball he was cheered

1 Like

Trevor had left by the time Uncle Ray took over. Are you thinking of Scarborough away at the end of 94-95? Trev was injured and Jimmy replaced him, but I can’t think what the score was at the time. We won 2-1, and that set us up for just needing a point at Bury a couple of days later to win promotion. SPOILER ALERT: we got the point we needed at Bury and Jimmy had a great game. :smiley:

There was a game under Uncle Ray when he took Earl Cumbersome off at half time when he was having a shocker, we were losing to someone (Reading?) and with Jimmy in goal we turned it round and won, but I can’t remember the score, might have been 2-1, or maybe it was 3-2. That would have been 2000-01 I suppose.

1 Like

Carl Emberson? :joy::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Be great for us right now…

Mcdonald too accy?

Just googled it was Carl Emberson against Reading at home, read the match report and Alan Pardew was whinging on about the ref lol

Pretty sure that it was Earl Cumbersome mate! :wink:

2 Likes

I noticed that too @Butters. However, even though they’re a well run club in a league above, he’d be better off signing up for us until the end of the season and then reassessing his options then. If I was his agent, that’s what I’d be saying: after all, “Accrington Stanley: who are they?” :milk_glass:

Just hope the run in games ( good games too) and the spirit he seems too have with the lads might lure him too stay a little while longer, but in this real world money talks…Lets all hope tho because hes deffo becoming a bright light in the team

1 Like

One post regarding form and the front cover of the programme for a man with a week left on his deal? Good news on the horizon or just Wishful thinking?

Must be trying to keep him sweet. :joy: