Darren Byfield

Hearing he is to be announced as first team coach tomorrow

4 Likes

Knows the club knows the league with his time at Crawley, some will be underwhelmed but I’d be ok with this tbh

2 Likes

Crawley fans wanted him to stay on as manager reading on their forum, general consensus was he did good considering.

1 Like

Heard that about 8 weeks ago along with the David Kelly rumour so as the latter didn’t happen for various reasons I assumed Byfield wasn’t. I think it would be a decent appointment.

1 Like

As above comments would welcome Daz. Well respected coach.

1 Like

As a coach I’d be happy with this if true
Attacking coach Aswell
Knows the club
Millennium stadium
next future manager when the inevitable happens after intense 5 week interviews

2 Likes

if true it would be the right step up for him. Done his time in non-league etc

1 Like

I will wait until tomorrow to see if this is confirmed before commenting.

Earned his stripes in non league. Will have a few connections as well

Good appointment

1 Like

I will just reserve comment

If true would their released forward Kwesi Appiah follow?
Byfleld would be good,knows league 2,been a coach and will help the forwards.He may also know some decent non league players.

1 Like

Be a decent enough signing but could we have Dom Telford please? :rofl:

What’s his record been as a Football League Coach & Non League Managers

Has he got promotions / great escapes / cup wins or brought players along ? Has he over achieved ? Impressed fellow coaches

Other than the fact he’s an ex player, has coached at a League Two Club. Like to think this wasn’t a lazy appointment by the club.

3 Likes

Not sure about this if true. Has only limited experience at league level but if he comes I hope, of course, he does well.

Looking at the appointments and signings so far i wouldn’t say they were lazy very much strategical.

1 Like

Its an easy appointment if anything i suppose nothing exciting but good enough.

Bringing back Douglas James Taylor was a lazy signing. Cant see the strategy in that one!!!

I fail to beleive that there aren’t much better players released on a free fitting the same age profile and budget.

Hes useless. I know he’s young. But one of the worst Walsall strikers we’ve had. And we’ve had a few

To write off a young player as you do is wrong. I am not sure about him but lets give the lad a chance. The club who have seen much more of him than us obviously think he is worth a punt.

7 Likes

He might come ok eventually but showed nothing here. To me has none of the attributes. Really poor first touch and not a willing runner to make up for his lack of ability.

Yes of course I hope it works out also.

Appalling attitude to young players trying to develop. Lookout Maher and Marvellous! !

3 Likes