Deeney, Henry, & Pomlett- a scenario

brentford lead 1-0
all square now. 1-1 on agregate

2-0 to brentford now. It’s all brentford!

3-0 now

Assist by Rico Henry

5 Likes

As you admit some very imaginative figures there :grinning: however one factor that hasn’t been mentioned is that with Rico we also get payments for games played. I expect that money has helped us over the past few months.

Do you know how much we get for Rico?
I’m hoping Fulham succeed, Brentfd stay down, Arsenal buy Rico and we get promoted next season.
Not much to ask, is it?

Initial fee was 1.5mill, rising to 5mill, so I’d expect 500k per 50 apps up to 150, 1 mill for promotion, 1 mill for England cap, or in the region of those.

Best case scenario for us would be Brentford to go up, Rico gets an England cap, and then they sell him for £50million plus.

So expect him to shatter his lower leg as Brentford get hammered in the playoff final.

2 Likes

I think you not far away with those figures. He has now made 80 appearances for Brentford!!!

I am one of the people that has made this statement and without reiterating my logical reasoning for why I think 76% of any add ons arising pre 29.06.19 will go to JWB and 24% to the other shareholders at that time, but I can offer two simple solutions to the conundrum

a) Get ISSA to ask LP to confirm or deny the position re add ons at the next meeting
b) We wait until one of them chrystalises into pounds, shillings and pence and then ask “where’s the money gone” when we don’t sign Lionel Messi

It’s, Leopard, Change, Can’t, A, Spots…just rearrange

No knowledge of finance so im a little confused. Aren’t sales and add ons tied to the club not to shareholders? Pomlett couldn’t sell Bates for example to fund a world cruise and a new mansion could he?

I thought the same. Players are owned by the club and not owners surely?

Pretty sure 3rd party ownership of players is illegal in UK footballing rules or at least very, very rare - seem to remember a massive deal being made around the Tevez and Mascherano move to West Ham

Really can’t see any money from player sales going to JB

"Third-party ownership of players is whereby private investors, it can be an individual, company, or fund, own part of a player’s economic rights." - I’d be almost certain none of our shareholders past or present own any of Rico Henry’s economic economic rights

1 Like

It’s all to do with the deal done between Bonser and Pomlett when the club changed hands. It would either have been factored into the selling price (So would be higher), or agreed that any payments received for players sold under Bonser’s tenure would be paid to him, if and when they arose. The latter would result in Pomlett paying less up front.

Nothing to do with third party ownership or the like, just the terms of the business deal.

It will clear itself up in time, whether via a communication from the club or from the accounts.

1 Like

Genuinely curious and you seem to know more than I do, why would any payments from players go to him personally? He’s never owned them personally and they were owned by the club so surely any money coming into the club stays with the club

If that’s the case for example, you might as well have Bonser’s name on the league 2 trophy we won rather than the clubs just 'cause it was during his tenure

1 Like

I’m just going on my experience of being involved in buying and selling businesses. There are often deferred payments arising out of transactions / issues that were outstanding at the time of the completion, for example an unresolved legal dispute or large customer / supplier claim.

In this case, Bonser sold his shares knowing that these windfall payments could come in the future. They were potential assets (cash in bank).

When he sold the club, he would have pointed out to Pomlett that these sell ons etc needed to be valued into the selling price. They would have agreed on a value, along with everything else.

It may be that the price was agreed so that Pomlett benefitted from the potential windfalls, but it could as easily been agreed that it went to Bonser, or something in the middle, in order to make the deal more affordable for Pomlett. I cannot imagine that Bonser would have just overlooked it though.

As the new majority shareholder, Pomlett would be entitled (legally) to pay out the windfall money as a special dividend, should he wish. In other words, it’s only “the club’s” money if the majority shareholder decides that it is reinvested rather than taken out.

1 Like

Any money from Rico will go to Walsall football club not Jeff bonser

Technically the money is. Pomlett,s to do as he wishes. Being majority shareholder, But judging from what we have seen and heard so far I think it’s safe to presume. He would. Pump biggest part back into club, But don’t forget the debt owned to bonser. At point of sale to Pomlett. Will still be on books but now owed to Pomlett so he may take that out. Immediately

There will be a promotion clause. As will there be an appearance and England call up clause,

There will equally be a clause that once a set. Number of seasons had elapsed. From time of original transfer , All re sale. Clauses will decrease in percentage. As. Was the. Same with the rickets and deeney transfers, Ie. I should imagine any money relcieved. Should deeney finally go. ( which I don’t think will happen now ) any money we receive although welcome would now be minimal

Do you know this DH, or is that your opinion. If true then It must have been agreed at the point of sale.

So you are saying that Pomlett paid off the money owed to Bonser and now the club owes him?

1 Like

He said it himself mate. At the fans meeting. The club now owe Jeff nothing. His only association with club now is one of landlord, Or in his case his appointees Suffolk life
The debt owed. Which was approximately 1 .3 million was. Cleared by Pomlett , so yes. Unless he’s written it off as a gift which I highly doubt it is now owed to. Pomlett

This is also my understanding of things which where said at the time just after the takeover. in working party meetings , As you know Issa no longer attend such meetings, And deal with club on a one to one basis, so wether it’s been further elaborated on At subsequent meetings i don’t know.

But it has not been present in any published minutes From said meetings. As a topic of conversation.

But I can seek clarification of points. If fans wish mate as to who the club now owe money to. Alongside other director loans

4 Likes

I remember Pomlett saying he cleared the debt and I remember saying that we now owe the money to Pomlett instead.

2 Likes

Yes mate he said it at the meeting and this was reiterated at a later working party meeting

2 Likes

We have let far to many players go on the cheap over the years… it angers me!

Dann
Deeney
Paterson
Fryatt
Fox
Grigg
Henry
Gerrard

The list goes on and on… I think we almost deserve a decent kick on from the likes of Deeney and Rico.

1 Like