Deeney, Henry, & Pomlett- a scenario

It’s amazing how we seem to have received a lot of money (although could have been more) over the years from player sales / cup runs… yet we still owed Bonser £1.3M. :thinking:

1 Like

But as Belphegor has said and articulated well.

It all depends on the deal done at the time of the sale and there is no chance that Bonser just said forget any payments we receive for players sold In the past. Why would he?

I mean Uncle Jeff is renowned for his generosity, writing off debts, reducing rents, reinvesting transfer fees etc… etc… I mean as soon as lockdown stopped our matchday income he was straight on the phone giving us a rent freeze. The Express & Star was having kittens.

Pomlett is probably being straight that we no longer owe Bonse any more money other than rent, but getting windfall is not debt and you can bet your last balti pie the Landlord Leech will be getting his fill, either in cash or increased rent etc… Doubt we’ll ever know.

Once a leech always a leech, after all if he wanted too he could be giving us back £450k a year which is two players on £4k a week and that’s promotion.

Good luck to Rico, hope they go up.

2 Likes

Helicoptars dow come cheap Steve.

2 Likes

I think the phrase is “Why shouldn’t he?”. :wink:

I was always sceptical of the “number one fan” rubbish spouted by Bonser and his cronies, Wallet & Jenkins et al. But it was well and truly confirmed by the Fox / Dann debacle where he stuck a spanner in a decent promotion attempt and then blatantly bragged in the press he was personally going to gain from it. Absolute parasite.

The recent story from Gerrard about Bonser threatening to dock his wages because he was absent through his newborn son being in ITU was no surprise sadly. Didn’t even have the balls to tell him himself either. Sent Mullen to do it. Also the story from Smith a few months back where he said Bonser slashed the budget 2 years running.

Number one fan? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1::rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

You can’t tell me after all the evidence of us being right about the parasite leech that people still think The Bonser years were good for WFC, they only benefited one person

5 Likes

Remember when he couldn’t face sacking his close buddy-mate, Paul Merson? He sent his lapdog, Roy Whalley, up to Stonnall to do his dirty work.

What a s**t

2 Likes

Sell on clauses can be altered by owners. When Doctor fraud was at Villa a few years back he was running them into the ground having to pay tax bill in instalments and all that and they also chose to cash in on sell on clauses of some of the players sold the year before. A year later some of those players moved for 10-15m.

Southampton when they were in massive financial trouble in 2009 also decided to cash in early on Bale so missed out when he moved to Real Madrid.

Never heard of a case though of an owner directly topping up his pension from it but first time for everything I guess!

We were in debt. :thinking:

He never saved the club, he manoeuvred himself into a position which enabled him to rape and pillage it for nigh on thirty years unchallenged

I’d love to see the documented evidence of how he saved the club, There is none. Because club did not require saving That’s a myth he created and brainwashed many into believing

Eddie Kirk a local millionaire and Irvine brown an American multi millionaire. Wanted club. At the time but where constantly denied access to important financial information.

A few people sold there souls to the devil. And where no doubt handsomely rewatprded for there loyalty / silence for years afterwards. Wasn’t only our number one fan. Who done nicely from the fellows park carve up

10 Likes

Do people still believe we were never in debt?

7 Likes

Frightens me how many fans still believe the Bonser propaganda myth.

4 Likes

Rumours Tottenham wanna loan Deeney until his contract ends. Would be just our luck

I cant see Deeney going for that. At his age now, and with his injuries over the past few years, he will be looking for a minimum 3 year contract now with another club. Like most pros of his age he wouldn’t want to play and let his contract run down with the risk of getting a long term injury. He will look at his next contract as being his retirement fund.

1 Like

He’s not that old …you cheeky bastard …sorry sorry I shouldn’t swear :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t see what all the fuss is over Deeney, he was past his best a long time ago.
Those expecting a windfall sell on clause will be disappointed as I don’t think any Premier club will consider him as an option.
I hope I’m wrong for our club’s sake.

1 Like

There, corrected that for ya!

I don’t think bowser will get a penny from any sell ons.
When Pomlett purchased the club, he cleared any debts owed to JB. Bonser would have no legitimate claim to any future transfers made by the club, which would line LP’s pockets (and the clubs), not Jeff’s.

I think you are wrong, many clubs like WBA, Leeds, Sheff Utd would all think they could benefit from his experience

1 Like

And he can still knock in a few goals by the looks of things.

West Brom have been linked with Deeney for years, I can’t see them pursuing him now he’s in the Championship.
Am I the only one who think he’s overrated? He reminds me of Josh Gordon ,both have similar work rates but are never going to be classified as great players.
So, if any club with a spare 5-10 million wants a journeyman centre forward, slightly passed his prime, please contact Watford FC immediately. Proceeds thereafter received by Walsall FC will be gratefully accepted.