Defensive ace Rollin Menayese loving life with Walsall

Great news… Khan next also a striker and lb please… send shade or Phillips back and get a left winger/left forward aswell… can but dream lol… great news though just hope its not the only news as others have said

1 Like

I echo the majority that this is a great piece of business. Not only for this season but it is a piece of the jigsaw in place for next season. We hang on to the possibility of the playoffs this season but realistically it is an outside chance at best and the likelihood is we will be in this division next season. Khan would also be a great signing if we can get it over the line for the same reasons. Both are players that appear to be of the required quality.

Signing Mayo also frees up a loan signing which I expect us to use. I guess it depends where MT thinks we need a player most, a left-back or another striker. I hope whichever position it is we don’t just bring in a player for the sake of it and actually someone who is good enough. It’s not that easy to get a loan player in to play back up. Center back is also a position that is weak in numbers due to Monthe being suspended but I see MT trying to see that through with what we have got.

7 Likes

Think we can just about get by defensively until Monthe is back we must sign another striker for me it’s ridiculous having one and he isn’t our player !!!

Sinclair Armstrong from QPR might be a shrewd acquisition for a league two side. Did very well at Torquay and looks a real powerhouse.

I think we might need to have an option to go a bit more direct and he looks to fit the bill.

It will also be interesting to see whether Fullarton’s Halifax and Crystal Palace connections might bring about a signing/loan or two…

I’m gonna stick my neck out and suggest Halifax might be the more likely of the two. :grin: Though it would be nice to be wrong of course.

1 Like

To be fair, that connection has landed us both Rushworth and Earing so no complaints here :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sure we have been linked to someone from Halifax again?

Their skipper, Niall Maher. Might have played with Earing at Bolton.

1 Like

Halifax will have nothing left if Fullerton carries on.

1 Like

Needs a spell out the team.

Still think there’s a player there but has been shit since signing a contract.

He wanted to sign a contract somewhere, but when he did, he certainly overdoing celebrating it. Back to square one, settle in the local area, settle in the team and so on. I know it looks like there is some player, but now part of the hard work starts. If not, well, lower leagues awaits. Footy can be ruthless and takes no prisoners.

1 Like

Wasn’t convinced when we signed him permanently, we could have done much better.

And yet read this thread - almost universal approval for his signing. You may have felt differently but i remember the comments that signing him would show the ambition of the board, so we can’t rewrite that now because he’s had some shocking matches which perhaps show why an astute manager like clough was only too pleased to let him go.

1 Like

You are speaking on behalf of others and not me mate, I watched him closely all season and wasn’t overly impressed.

And yes it’s clear why Clough was happy to freeze home out.

Always great to read back on, or resurrect the odd thread or two, just to see how much havering has transpired :joy:

4 Likes

I wonder what has happened to him because he really did stand out when he first came and not just because he was in a poor team. Last night, he was a rabbit in headlights whenever the ball came near him.

1 Like

We gave him a contract :wink:

It’s called the Fitzroy Simpson phenomenon

2 Likes

Haha…said exactly this in our whatsapp group last night. Its exactly that!

1 Like

Whilst on loan Menayese gave absolutely no indication he’d play as poorly as he has since signing.So to look back and pick up on people saying they were happy when he signed is crass to say the least.Of course folk were happy he’d been brilliant nobody could have seen this coming whilst the bloke had a Walsall shirt on.If you’ve spotted it whilst he was at another club then fair play.

1 Like