Derby County

Let them go to the wall. Any other business would.

These teams who cheat just make it harder for the rest of the pyramid, when suppliers up their costs to recoup what’s been lost elsewhere. And that’s just for the companies that survive. Good, honest companies risk going under when not paid by these football clubs who fritter away millions they don’t have.

I heard no objections from their fans when Derby or Bury or whoever else was spending big, only afterwards when it all falls apart. Bury especially had already gone round the old bucket rattling route a few times before their last big splurge.

Shut them down and let them be a lesson to the pyramid that you can’t just keep being bailed out. The bigger the scalp the better, as the shockwaves will be bigger.

1 Like

Feel sorry for their fans but for the sake of football they need to go bust

EFL totally spineless. Gave a month’s extension specifically for administrators to find bidder/proof of funds.

No bidder or proof has been offered, and now EFL have indicated they’ll do nothing.

What message does that send?

1 Like

The message it sends is clubs will continue to to violate the rules until the EFL has the balls to change them.
One has to wonder which clubs are lining the EFL’s pockets!

2 Likes

Exactly! The EFL will just sit on its collective hands until something happens. It’s about time that they grew some balls & treated Derby County the same as they did Bury…

1 Like

They won’t because the ‘brown envelopes’ are bigger from as club like Derby.

1 Like

Yes, there are plenty of things to criticise the EFL for and yes they need to enforce the certain rules that are there, but they don’t make the rules in the first place.

They have to be voted in at some point by the clubs and usually need a large majority of them to pass them through.

Spineless efl what a shock.

Derby need to be made an example off. Flagrantly flouting rules for years.

They lost again so their good run of form is well and truely over

Not sure I’d be putting in 100% if I knew my contract wasn’t likely to be honoured.

I think the EFL should advise us of what the criteria are to qualify as “big enough” to be given endless leeway. There is undoubtedly a tipping point on a spectrum that goes from Leeds via Derby and Coventry through to Bury, Aldershot and Maidstone.

I fear Walsall is on the “wrong side” of that tipping point.

8 Likes

Not forgetting Leicester City. When they played us in the League, at the Walkers, they were not many moons away from having gone bust, reneging on their debts, and cheating their way back to the top again…while we ‘did the decent thing’, living hand to mouth, heading in the opposite direction.

Leicester are probably the most egregious example of one rule for them and another for the rest of us.

8 Likes

Didn’t they have the collection going on that night? Guys carrying a blanket around the perimeter of the pitch for us to throw coins into, to save this poor club who didn’t have a penny?

On the Derby situation, one thing that does need to be said is how incredibly well Rooney has conducted himself and, considering the circumstances, what an exceptional job he has done as manager. I can’t say I was particularly a fan of his before this, but all credit to him.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Here is a bloke who has made millions and millions of pounds from an illustrious playing career, sticking with a basket case of a club in the middle of some big problems, and still getting a tune out of them. He’s done a fantastic job there and if even if they fail in their quest to stay up, even with such a big points deduction, he has to be in the conversation for manager of the year, without doubt.

He obviously cares, because it’s not like he has to stay there for the money, as we know he will have plenty of that to spare without a job.

3 Likes

Two million pound bid for Tom Lawrence rejected. And they’re getting away with it.

Am I el_nombre in disguise?

I agree too.

You feel that you somehow “know” public figures. Rooney has smashed my perception of him. Good for him and a bit of shame on me.

3 Likes

Well, at least he won’t put on his sharp studs if you meet him…

Another “deadline” has passed by. Wonder what the EFL will do?..

2 Likes

F all, they are gutless wankers who only pick on smaller clubs

4 Likes

Should be relegated to League 2. And if they miss the next deadline then a further relegation. The EFL have to be decisive, but one fears they will treat Derby differently to Bury.

8 Likes