Derby County

The EFL calls for action…Now, I wonder who is responible for taking action? If it was Bury or Macclesfield i’m sure the EFL would be getting stuck in, conveniently forgetting that they, (EFL) had appliedd its fit and proper test to the persons who have wrecked the clubs in question

3 Likes

The whole thing is a farce. Derby have 5 contracted players and won’t be allowed to sign any until the situation is sorted out. Let’s suppose that Kirchner is no longer going to buy them, any new deal is going to take weeks to sort out. This means that the season will potentially start with Derby only having 5 senior players. They will therefore probably suffer heavy defeats early on, until the deal is sorted and, suddenly, they sign decent players left, right and centre and any team who then plays against them will face a battle. What a farce that makes of League One next season.

As others have said, if this was Derby or Macclesfield or, god forbid, Walsall, we’d be out of the leagues long before now and looking at joining lower non leagues. Double standards, as usual.

9 Likes

Hit them with a further points deduction - if only as a deterrent to other clubs who think it is a good idea to sale so close to the wind.

UP THE SADDLERS

4 Likes

They are clearly not going to. They are doing everything in their power to give them chance after chance. Missed deadline after missed deadline is completely ignored. Their mantra is “save Derby at all costs, whatever it takes”.

2 Likes

Really isn’t fair that so called BIG clubs can keep getting chance after chance when the little clubs are just kicked out of the leagues.

4 Likes

Interesting situation over in Bury.

Bury FC are now fan owned and out of administration using the “german model”, 51 percent owned by the supporters society and 49% the fans themselves. They own Gigg Lane.
Bury FC never went bust or ceased to exist,

However, they don’t have a team or a league place.

Bury AFC, a completely new (as of 2019) and seperate entity also fan owned, have just won promotion to the NWCL premier division, but have had an application to rent Gigg Lane turned down by Bury FC, and for now will continue playing at Radcliffe’s ground.

So from the outside it looks as though the most damaging thing created by the EFL and FA is a division between the fans and a bit of a mess going forward. If the FA allow the old Bury to rejoin the pyramid at a level higher than Bury AFC, as for some bizarre reason they did with Macclesfield and Chester (clubs that, unlike Bury were actually liquidated) that will be seen to be unfair on Bury AFC. However, as Bury were never liquidated what justification could the FA have for not placing them at say Northern Premier league north - (or higher) as that was the level a completely new Chester were allowed to mysteriously re-appear at.

Meanwhile, as we’ve all seen down the years, bigger clubs eg. Leicester, Portsmouth, Bolton, and now Derby just get on with life in the EFL.

It astounds me that 30 years after the situation at Aldershot who like Newport, Wimbledon, Accrington and many others - simply started at the bottom and admirably worked their way back, there still isn’t a clear and equitable set of criteria which can be applied to clubs that have been liquidated, or fall into administration. It simply looks like some fudged, arbitrary decision which unquestionably correlates to some notion of “size of club”. Other FA’s manage it, as we saw with Rangers in Scotland, as well as clubs in Italy and France.

Its something I can’t get my head round, either we have rules or we don’t, and we either have a pyramid of football or we don’t.

20 Likes

Corrupt imbeciles

1 Like

Why don’t you sit on the fence🤣

1 Like

I take your point that a “big” club in England wouldn’t be demoted to League 2, but then I believe that any team that goes into administration should be forced to start from the bottom, as Aldershot did. Rangers got away quite lightly as they dropped down to SFL2. In truth they probably should have dropped into the West of Scotland League

1 Like

Completely agree. See mine further up from 2nd March. It seems that there is an unwritten algorithm that defines “big enough” and “small enough” as this type of thing plays through.

1 Like

The guy has now withdrawn his offer , they are in the shite

The league were happy enough to put the boot into Luton all those years ago with massive points deductions.

UP THE SADDLERS

1 Like

Isn’t Mike Ashley still a possibility

…and Liam Rosenior, Rooney’s assistant, looks favourite to take the Blackpool job.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rooney leaves too. He has exceeded all expectations as a manager.

I feel sorry for the genuine fans of any club that succumbs to this sort of shit. It’s not their doing.
The responsibility lies with those that run the game.

3 Likes

The EFL is now stating that they must be involved in the sale talks (going against current financial protocols). They didn’t do this for Bury or Macclesfield. Why??

1 Like

Us and them…

You’ve put a song in my head now!!:wink:

Yes, hes the lowest bidder but most credible