Derby County

The thing is, with Kirchner dropping out at such a late stage, and having been preferred bidder for some time now, a completely new deal with a new bidder is going to take some time to complete.

Hence it would seem almost certain to me that Derby will start the new season in administration, meaning they can sign no new players to add to the 5 they have.

Quite apart from the uncertainty there must be over whether they will complete the season, this means that, like Bolton a couple of years ago, initial matches will involve youngsters and teams playing them will get an easy 3 points. Then, at some point, when a takeover is completed, they’ll suddenly sign players that no other league one team could afford, and teams playing them then will likely suffer defeat. Thus the whole league one season is skewed and unfair. And the EFL won’t just sit and watch this, they will aid and abet it.

The solution is simple. The EFL should tell Derby they have failed to meet necessary deadlines and thus they will be automatically relegated to league two, playing no fixtures this season.

5 Likes

But Derby are a ‘big’ club, unlike Bury or Macclesfield. Different rules, dependant on who ya know!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if other clubs chipped in and said have this player off us for 6 months and we’ll pay their wages they’d have been being paid whilst sitting here anyway.

I think it is prime for someone like Mike Ashley to offer 20 million or so cash on compeletion take it or leave it.

Didnt he trouser 300 million or so for selling Newcastle, he could become the saviour

1 Like

He’s waiting in the wings ready to pounce for a bargain.

And he missed out on us. That’ll teach him.

3 Likes

The football club doesn’t own Pride Park so £20 Million is a bit of a steep price for a League 1 club with only 5 players…

Apparently Mel Morris is demanding 24m for Pride Park which Mike Ashley is refusing to pay… that’s the stumbling block.

1 Like

Groundshare at Mickleover Sports incoming, for the level they should be contemplating competing at 2022/23. :+1: