Desert Island Goals

Grimsby? Must have been the furthest out he ever scored a goal from in his career.

Remember Bretts hat trick at Northampton, none of the goals from more than two yards. :laughing:

Found it!

Big Brett seemed to be on fire that day.

I remember that Grimsby game well…because it was the only home match I missed that season. I was aghast that I’d missed Angell score a cracker.

My memory isn’t what it once was, I am probably mixing two games together, but it does sound like the goal which in my memory had an up and down trajectory.

That goal has stuck in my mind a bit, not sure why, so I hope I’m thinking of the same one. I don’t remember any of the others we scored that game. Sort of up and back across the keeper.
I’m sure Trevor Wood made a few good saves in that game as well, warming himself up for the Leeds game a couple of weeks later.

Can’t remember the date, opposition, or score - and not even 100% sure of the scorer (guessing it was Jeff King) but we were at Fellows Park attacking the Street End. Ian Paul hit a 40-yard chip that cleared the defenders head by about an inch and dropped sweetly into the path of the attacker running into the box so that he didn’t have to break stride in volleying it into the far corner past a stranded keeper.

Great goal but the quality was in the pass from Paul. What a tragedy this career was cut way too short.

2 Likes

I remember the Wright goal against Shrewsbury - the only time one of my daughters joined me at Bescot for a match - when we scored she was the only one still sitting down in the home end. My son told her to get up and start cheering.