Devante Rodney joins Rochdale

Unbelievable…. I don’t get some people on here

We all wanted change we got change let’s embrace it I say.

2 Likes

Will White & Mayo be the next two out?
Looks as if Flynn didn’t like what he saw last season.

Totally agree. The only talking that matters is what happens on the pitch.

1 Like

We have plenty of defenders mate so you never know.I’d expect there to be a couple of good signings between now and the 30th(end of the early bird relaunch) so it entices the fans on the fence to jump off it and onto a seat.Compared to other clubs in our league we have done a lot of business so far yes there’s been questionable signings but there are thought processes behind them.As has been said the mentality was absolutely shocking last season and those who let their standards drop should hang their heads in shame.It’s not what I personally want to watch and if these older heads stop the rot that is poor mentality I’m 100% behind them and so should every single fan of this football club.They will bring professionalism and leadership that comes with years of playing the game.These qualities will hopefully rub off on the others and if it doesn’t I’m sure the older ones will have their say about that.We do need a couple of names to come in,players that bring a bit of flair and creativity if we can get those mixed in with what I’ve just mentioned I think we have a good chance of a better campaign.

1 Like

Boncott out!!!

Found this quite funny off the Rochdale fans forum :laughing:

4 Likes

Sounds like he’s got a scoring ratio of 1 in 5 on the football pitch and 4 in 5 with the laydeez.

1 Like

No chance Williams will be main CF so not too worried on that…yet.

Bennett seems odd signing but young and highly rated so you never know, see if he makes RWB spot his own as season goes on.

Bennett will play i think.

You get absolutely slated on here when you make a valid argument. We’ve got rid of Rodney. He never got a chance at Walsall. Did he ever start a game?. But he has proven track record in League 2 of being able to get 10 plus goals a season. Your then called a bloody idiot or whatever because you don’t agree that a 37 Yr old journeyman from Cheltenham. 5 goals last season is an Improvement.

It’s absolutely hilarious!!!

Like u. I hope Williams is not our first choice striker

Could be the next Jase McCarthy: one of my favourite Loan players to wear a Walsall shirt.

Terrific engine, great attitude, brilliant with the fans and seemed genuinely grateful to be a professional footballer.

Ticked every box of what I expect from a Walsall player. My son adored him and the time Jason spent signing autographs and talking to him when he was a lad make me really proud to be a Saddlers’ supporter.

4 Likes

I hope so. I’ve never rated White and Menayese is average at best - we can do better!

Dave’s goal scoring record by season:

21/22 - League 2 - 1 goal/31games/1543 minutes
20/21 - League 2 - 12 goals/44 games/3212 minutes
19/20 - National League - 7 goals/23 games/1613 minutes
18/19 - National League - 8 goals/31 games/1370 minutes
17/18 - National League - 2 goals/42 games/1987 minutes
16/17 - League 2 - 2 goals/4 games/65 minutes

He had 16 games and didn’t do anything

Yes

He has 12 League 2 goals in his career, 11 of those came in one season two years ago :rofl: Tell me how that is proven, yet a striker who we have just signed who IS proven is being written off by yourself before he’s even played for us?

He’s 35

5 Likes

With every post Andy Williams gets older and older. Thats what we get for signing a 38 year old.

9 Likes

I thought he was 48!!

Don’t be silly, the 39 year old Andy Williams will be 40 by the time the season starts :joy:

1 Like

I think we should give Andy Williams, 41, a chance.

2 Likes

Anybody see osashitbe commmenys to Dave on twitter ?
I can’t remember verbatim but he basically said to Dave show them what a player you are and somewhere you will be appreciated!