Devante Rodney joins Rochdale

Didn’t we eschew the remaining compo for Clarke to the tune of?

Sounds a bit worrying when you put it like that. I do hope they sign someone that makes us all sit up and think wow ok that must have cost a bit not sure if we ever will though as I sit here right now.

1 Like

That’s the hard facts of it. Boycott has sanctioned deals to swell the bank account and then signed off signings like Williams and Bennett. It’s a very worrying start in the transfer market. We’ll I think so anyway. They could have easily used the cash from Osadebe and Rodney to secure the Torquay forward. But chose not to

Do you really believe that Trivela have made the decision to offload Osadebe and Rodney…really???

4 Likes

Perhaps because lemonheigh-evans has never been a target. Any money we’ve got from sales could be used to get someone Flynn wants.
You’re practically inventing your own conspiracy theories

1 Like

It’s not his decision that they were shit and not wanted. That’s Flynns. But Boycott would have agreed the financial aspects. Both the fees coming in and investment back out. Which is not great on the face of it.

Why do you think otherwise. Pomlett clearly said Boycott is the finance decision maker

I thought it was well known that Flynn wanted that player. That’s what I’ve read on this site!!!. He’s gone to Stockport and we’ve signed Andy Williams. So it’s not a conspiracy theory it’s a fact. We missed our target.

So you’re saying its a bad thing that we’ve somehow got some money for Osadebe and Rodney? What money we did get will have been fairly small anyway, presumably Rochdale took over Rodneys contract, and Bradford would have paid a small fee as we had the option on Osadebes contract… hardly huge windfalls for us to have a blank chequebook for anyone Flynn wants.

The transfer window didn’t close after our dealings yesterday, any money will still go towards other signings we’ll be making.

2 Likes

Had enough of this now, time to filter out your insane drivel.

3 Likes

No. Im not saying its a bad thing. It’s a good thing we got fees in for players that were not wanted. Do I hope (its definetely hope rather than expectation) that we can use that money to secure players that will give the fans a lift. Absolutely I do

Pure conjecture peddled as facts.

I know, it is ludicrous. Same as suggesting that they are signing the players.

I just heard sinister laughing from Alabama

‘All we do is take a controlling interest in Walsall FC then quickly move to sell their prize assets Rodney and Osadebe, then we cash in the big money windfall…muhwahahaha!!!’

7 Likes

Just checking if it is still the 16th June and the not the 29th July as that is the Wife’s birthday and I’m in the proverbial as I haven’t bought her anything! If it is I’ll quickly nip and get her a pair of goalkeeping gloves and she can help us out between the sticks….who are we playing again? :smiley:

1 Like

I wish he would stop saying the torquay bloke is a forward he is a midfielder

Lemonheigh-Evans has also never played higher than National League apart from 1 FA Cup appearance for Bristol City. Might not be able to hack it at this level. Not sure why we’re so caught up on him

Also, we haven’t “sold” Dave, they just agreed to take over his contract, so more freeing up a wage than getting any transfer fee.

Know someone who knows a Director at Rochdale.

1 Like

So if it’s written on this site, it’s fact?

So you are 100% sure that we were in for Lemonheigh-Evans?

But you don’t know that. Yes we may have possibly missed out on Evans, but you cant say that because he’s joined another club that we’ve signed Andy Williams instead because they play two totally different positions :rofl:

Jesus christ. Two weeks. Two whole weeks and this is the garbage being spouted.

15 Likes