Devante Rodney signs from Port Vale

Ahh yes, remember see wilkinson on his crutches

Didnā€™t see Holden was he walking without crutches?
Glad we saw wilko he seems to enjoy being with the fans, he is a sulker and not the hardest working but he is also a crowd pleaser and I enjoy him

I bet he was still moving faster than Ward.

Lol, went by him easily, ward tried to bring him down, but wilkinson just turn on his one crutch and was away from him. Lol

3 Likes

Holden didnt have crutches but he was walking awkwardly, doubt we will see him in a walsall shirt again. Shame really because hes technically gifted but hes a massive injury risk. Doubt Flynn will want too take any passengers with our tight budget and with two long term injuries already on the budget.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

We signed the bloke after we lost phillips and khan desperate for an attacker we bring one in thats injured!!! Horrendous recruitment from Fullarton.

1 Like

And allegedly part of the Darrell Clarke compensation

Iā€™ve heard that said before but I have no idea how that would possibly work.

4 months zero goals , bargain.

1 Like

He was the big signing in January. We were staring relegation in the face and on a terrible run, so we signed Dave to score the goals to fire us to safety. Good job we got the new manager bounce instead. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Even Makris got one. :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard heā€™s doing a grand job looking after our broom though.

This was the signing that really threw Matt Taylor under the bus, then it reversed and drove over him again.
We desperately needed a goal scorer in the Jan window to have an immediate impact, yet JF sourced Rodney despite him not being available to play for about 6 weeks.
I feel sorry for Rodney- heā€™s been used from day one. And Pomlett has the gall to accuse a handful of pitch invaders of costing the club money, when heā€™s authorised the spaffing of the whole of the Jan transfer budget on a player who is not suitable for us!

18 Likes

I actually feel sorry for Rodney. Donā€™t get me wrong , the little we have seen of him questions the validity of the signing and what he will actually bring to the team.

My point is rather around the timing of his signing. The fact we were on a desperate run of form, had been promised signings and not having given up on the playoffs (according to Pomlett). To sign him as our only real signing of the transfer window, with him injured as well has basically set him up to fail. We needed someone to hit the ground running. Instead we got someone who needs a pre-season, which he may be lucky to get here.

If he does stay he will need to show his footballing ability very quickly to turn around fans opinions. I actually think it will be better for him to go, but his stock wonā€™t be particularly high either so we have really stuffed him :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I believe that is a bit of a red herring if my understanding is correct (it may not be of course).
He had s full pre-season with Vale and played 14 games for them before getting an injury around Nov/Dec. No different to loads of players that miss a few games during the season through injury.

2 Likes

Sourced as in signed another ex Halifax player :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, obviously Fullerton knew him. His record isnā€™t that shabby and at 23 he definitely has potential.
Heā€™s just shown very little so far and clearly Flynn doesnā€™t rate him.

1 Like

My daughter had her photo took with Earing, Rushworth and Kinsella who were all out there chatting and patiently having photos taken with as many fans who wanted them.

2 Likes

All those 3 should be proud of their commitment and effort this swason,as for some of the others??

1 Like