Director of Football

Advert also states implementing a scouting department! That’s huge for us as we will actually scout players and not wing it! Though embarrassing a professional team doesn’t already have a scouting department ( pomlett confirmed we currently have no scouts )

1 Like

…”akin to a professional football club”

What?! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Will it help us set up 11 blokes on a Saturday afternoon who can score goals?

Well I never…welcome Walsall FC into the modern world

Not at all but we fans did ask for a future plan not just for the immediate so it is some good news

1 Like

Wonder if I apply he’ll give me a mock interview? Ya never know I might get it without being qualified if I impress

Not if he’s read your posts on here you won’t :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry, if this is the big announcement then I aint impressed.

This just reeks of doing something for the sake of it. We don’t need a director of football, we simply need to pay decent wages and get a manager in who can set up a team for a campaign in League 2. We ain’t AC Milan.

4 Likes

Yep.

What’s the plan for the shambles on the pitch now?

Chips at half time

Long term, this is a good thing (provided we recruit the right person), but I agree we still have massive issues in the short term that need fixing.

Yep exactly.

Knock yourself out as they say across the pond. My old dad always said if you don’t ask you will never get !!!

I imagine it’s to make sure we stay up and then clear up in the summer, the dross yow mate Darrell left us with :wink:

2 Likes

Personally i think the mentoring is for Matt Sadler.

I am a little disappointed :slightly_frowning_face:
I have read it and nowhere does it specify how many badges you have to have :laughing:

1 Like

We simply can’t afford anyone who will be any good at the role.

The answer is for Pomlett to take on the Chief Executive role ( he says he’s there every day anyway) and dump Gamble to free up £100K to pay for someone who knows what they are doing on the football side.

2 Likes

• Realise and implement the Board’s football philosophy
What is board’s football philosophy? Last philosophy was left by Dean Smith. It is still around somewhere?

How about David Flitcroft, plenty experience and localist

It’s on

2 Likes