DJ leaving in January?

Probably stuff in the two year deal which is costing the club by not playing him.

I assume the hierarchy thought once he was signed he’d have been starting as regularly as last season.

Probably because the Board arent happy about their most expensive player sat on his arse

7 Likes

It’s worrying come January our two main strikers could be gone

2 Likes

Unfortunately the fans can’t do much about it
It’s like having a mad general in charge of troops, unless you shoot him he will keep getting you killed :joy: :wink:

6 Likes

Don’t forget on January there are far less free transfers available, meaning replacements cost more than the summer. Probably why we usually don’t do very well in the January window.

1 Like

We have still got Matt :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

Everything seemed fine with DJ and his personality last season. I got the feeling he felt loved at Walsall and had found his home, which helped him produce the goods on the pitch.

I can’t argue he deserved to start ahead of Draper but then all of a sudden he is being brought on for the dying moments of a cup tie that we’d already won and then left out for a youngster that has done pretty much nothing for us, that feels like disrespect to me. That’s my opinion I know others won’t share it.

Not surprising he is thinking of moving on. Let’s hope there are some good plans in place to replace him and possibly Draper or we could be in some trouble. I see a situation in the not so distant future where it could be “If only we had a striker like DJ”

I’ll be surprised if Sadler makes it to the end of the contract DJ signed.

23 Likes

Thanks that’s cheered me up no end :frowning:

1 Like

I know. Very worrying

If a players disagreement with the manager is disrupting the dressing room and the player isn’t being backed by the rest of the squad then a club would back the manager every time.
If they didn’t they’d be a laughing stock.
This needs sorting one way or another and quickly.

3 Likes

Yes. Absolutely. The club deserve it as its run as a complete basket case.

The fans definitely do not deserve it

1 Like

It is also a damming indictment that a club that has trusted us to help nurture one of their talented assets, are now angry with the way he has been mis managed, other clubs will be looking on, so i don’t expect to see any more young talent coming our way in the future
The club are making themselves look amateurish

4 Likes

One thing they are quite good at.

6 Likes

Crazy bringing DJ on with minute to spare in a cup game that’s won, devalues him more as he’s cup tied if we wish to sell him/loan him on.
Looking in its as if Sadler is reminding him that he himself is top dog and DJ should do as he’s told, the sooner MS is moved on the better for me, seems as if there’s divides in the squad good managers don’t allow that.

6 Likes

Hilarious. So the club back Sadler meaning we have to play a striker not fit for a pub team for the next few months.

May as well put the Boreham Wood postcode into your sat nav now

Bonkers

1 Like

Sadler was given the job and resources (such as they are) to go with it. He had a full pre-season and the final say on transfers to make his mark To arrive at this point with this situation unfolding, 7 points above the relegation zone, with some kind of January shakedown looming is very worrying - especially so given our history of “Januarys”. This has unravelling shitshow written all over it rather than anything resembling a bump in the road enroute to upward progress. Get rid of Sadler now is my gut instinct, but then I remember who appointed him and who would then be in charge of the same process. The policy of not appointing experienced football directors, and choosing to be mentored by serial failures is a risky strategy that could well be about to come home to roost.

13 Likes

I thought you’d blocked me. Please do.

I am making a statement that a club will always back a manager.
I’m not making this about DJT. You’re obsessed with him.

2 Likes

I’d already be on the phone to other clubs if I were him tbf. Something along the lines of “I’ve actually managed to get a handful of goals, despite given the fag end of games here, and now I’m watching Douglas James-Taylor attempt to play football. Get me out of here”.

13 Likes

Plenty of other people absolutely slating him. Seems you can’t read or choose not to

Speaking to a vouple of Mansfield fand before the match they said hes a bad egg in the dressing room and was often late for training.