DJ Returns to Mansfield

I think given the relaxed way MF has responded to questions about transfers in the last few days (even since the arrival of Matt) suggests that he has a plan he is happy with.

Whether that is because he knows DJ will be signing, or has a good plan B remains to be seen.

I have a feeling it will be DJ on a permanent contract in the not too distant future.

1 Like

Yeah, still canā€™t understand how losing a 1 in 2 striker isnā€™t at least a little bit concerning to you.

In the league above. Last season Johnson scored 4 goals all year and got dropped and transfer listed. Look how good heā€™s been here? If Matt hadnā€™t lead the line for the champions of this division last season I might be concerned.

I canā€™t explain it any better for you to be honest, not sure whatā€™s difficult.

No comment from DJ, the club sending a tweet out after Mansfield rather than at a scheduled time, cashman going leaving more budget for a ST. Iā€™m predicting a 4pm announcementā€¦ hoping for a 4pm announcement :sweat_smile:

Or me, take his goals out of our season and we would not be thinking playoffs.

1 Like

Nothing is difficult. I just donā€™t agree with you or your way of thinking.

Our next highest goal scorers are Hutchinson, Knowles and Williams all on 3. If for whatever reason Matt doesnā€™t hit the ground running I canā€™t see where the goals are going to come from. Thatā€™s a concern.

As good as I think Matt is - thereā€™s no guarantee that itā€™s going to work. Itā€™s still a risk.

1 Like

Says it all, how could anyone who supports our club not be concerned that we have now lost our top goal scorer!
WE all knew it was coming, Love Matt up front but he ainā€™t no goalpoacher, who will knock 'em in now?

1 Like

If we dont get DJ back its a disaster in my view - and bye bye play offs

2 Likes

Then why are you still asking the question? :joy: disagree fair enough, itā€™s a concern for you, itā€™s not for me :man_shrugging:

Ditto.

Yep, said that myself on the signing itself. Every single signing ever is a risk. Doesnā€™t mean just throwing any old players together, regardless of their quality, will work. Thatā€™s why teams like Salford and Bradford are still sat in our league. To me, throwing money at Johnson in a position we now have bodies in is more of a risk than not bolstering the rest of the squad in some areas.

BUT if he does come in, guess what? Thatā€™s great too!

Not overly concerned either. Yes heā€™s got a few goals but goes missing in games alot and is no good in the air or at holding the ball up.

Can easily be replaced with someone who adds more to the team

Adds more than 15 goals in 30 matches? Good luck with that

10 Likes

Understatement. A goal every other game is about as good as you get.

Easily, Really?

7 Likes

Crikey we had one chance on Saturday and we scored , otherwise it was a guaranteed loss.

Bloke is irreplaceable

15 Likes

This is nowhere near my point. Criticising him as a player at this level is insane heā€™s proved exactly how useful he is (and Iā€™m not sure how you can argue he doesnā€™t hold up the ball, looked the only one capable of it in our whole squad).

My point is I think we have other priorities and Iā€™m not sure his style will jel well with Matt. If we announced he was signing tomorrow I wouldnā€™t be disappointed, Iā€™m just not as bothered as some of our fans seem to be.

1 Like

Glad you clarified that, I donā€™t agree with your point, but at least youā€™ve got a point unlike some :wink:

3 Likes

I asked you the question once and disagreed with your explanation :+1:t2:

Ok :+1:t3:

Whateverā€¦ Iā€™m not really bothered. A mansfield fan on Saturday told me ā€˜If Johnsons goals dry up youā€™ve signed a player who generally contributes very little in gamesā€™

So there u go. Not really fussed about it

ā€œDidnā€™t happen of the yearā€ award goes to ā€¦.

5 Likes