DJ Returns to Mansfield

My guess is closer to £150k, with add ons, especially if we payed £50-75k for Matt.

3 Likes

Totally agree, this cloud could have a silver lining. Doug Taylor will come into his own with a proper partner able to hold up the ball and link play, think he will be much more effective with Matt next to him. We already know the qualities Taylor brings to us and they will come to the fore with a proper playing partner up top.

1 Like

Don’t forget that we agreed a fee for a permanent transfer with Mansfield and personal terms with DJ before the start of the season. It was their chairman who stepped in and scuppered the permanent move and made it a loan. Even then we initially wanted a full season loan (and apparently had that agreed among all parties) but Radford got involved and insisted it was only 6 months. DJ was happy to come for whatever we offered him then, he’s happy to come for the same deal now. The price that Mansfield are asking for (if they are even talking to us to give us one) doesn’t come into it.

2 Likes

This should have been resolved by now.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As the Mansfield site says who’s going to blink first , also seems the fans are more than happy for him to stay now they have apparently been knocked back on valuation of player they were hoping to sign as dj’s replacement

1 Like

You mean they are offering what the think the player is worth but that doesn’t match what his current club want and, even though they can afford that price tag, they won’t pay over the odds?

2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: why does that sound familiar???

1 Like

Heard they are asking 150k we have offered 100 could be nonsense but it’s one doing the rounds.

Heard similar tbh, but it’s all speculation

1 Like

Does anyone know what the “agreed” price was for him in the summer before Radford stuck his nose in?

He’s scored goals since then so maybe his price goes up - but now nearer to the end of his contract so it also goes down. And whether we have been picking up his wages while he’s been with us, or Mansfield have (or even part each) might affect either side’s valuation. I’m guessing we’re offering what we had accepted previously but Mansfield have slapped a bit more on top.

3 Likes

If we can’t stump up 150k more fool us.

9 Likes

I am 50/50 on this.

I applaud the club for not being taken for mugs and having our pants pulled down but on the other hand a forward line Of Matt and DJ is a mouthwatering combination.

Either way the Mansfield owner is a cock who would risk losing £100k when not long ago we had to kick off at 1pm so they could save on the leccy.

6 Likes

Matt , Johnson and Wilkinson :wink:

2 Likes

None of us can affect the outcome of this saga either way and frankly it’s all got fairly repetitive and boring if I’m honest. He’ll either sign or not by close of deadline day.

5 Likes

I’m going not , should we start a new thread sign or not :joy:

Not gonna lie im gonna be pissed if he ends up at a club like hartlepool… really need johnson in our team to even stand a chance of getting the play offs, cant really see matt doing aswell tbh

Why?

2 Likes

Maybe so for some, but this is singularly the biggest piece of transfer business we will potentially do this season!

Really hope it comes off, and our chances of reaching the play offs will require DJs goals.

It will go down to the wire however for sure.

1 Like

Trying not to be negative but there’s no guarantee with Matt, he’s 33 and not in goal scoring form.

Obviously I hope he comes in and does amazing but we shouldn’t bank on it.

Where as DJ gets this club , the manager , the formation etc. His goals are pretty much guaranteed, unless he gets injured.

1 Like