DOF named today?

I agree Dan

Earlier I heard or read something about Saturday, but maybe it was before or after the next game. I agree it is a decision that could take the club to the 21 century but that part ‘get this right’ is a little bit scary to be honest. But let’s be honest, even bad DOF is better than no DOF at all.

This is Worsul Michal, it will be a bad Dof, or someone nobody has ever heard of!
Just out of interest, asking for a friend, is POT smoking illegal in Poland, or is it acceptable in pubs if not ‘flaunted’?

Appointing someone, who is new in football world, is not a problem for me. Footy director is someone, who will be handling all football related problems, so it can be someone new, who will show how good he is.
And second question, officially all drugs in Poland are forbidden, except alcohol and regular smoke. But unofficially, you know, the problem is usually only price. And sometimes undercover cops making monthly plans.

OK thanks, will pass on the official stance to an interested second party.

Ah so that’s where @Scooby2167 is taking a summer break is it? :joy:

When you staying in a hotel and paying cash (you earn in GBP and spend in PLN when in Poland), hotel staff probably will help. At least unofficially. Price of course, but when hotel can’t organise what guests want, it is bad hotel then.

Maybe I’ll add (trying to stay on topic) that it is of course perfectly possible, when a football director becomes a new manager. Less if temporary or more if permanently, but it means he did a lousy job as director. He picked the wrong person to be a head coach. It is a very important decision, because this person will shape the football club in the next five, ten or fifteen years. It is something more than just scouting or controlling youth developments. That person should lay some foundations on how the club should be finding itself in the ever changing football world. If this appointment came after Dean Smith sailed to Brentford, it would mean better players going into the club, better coaches working at the club, better replacement ratio, and some level of continuity. Main problem in recent years, except of course not making even average football decisions, was constant restarting the sporting side of the club. That led to a fourth league and every attempt to stop it is good. I’m crossing my fingers it will be a person who will be good at this job, no matter his or her backround. And nothing more.

Would’nt be surprised if someone is lined up for the job but is waiting to see what league we are in before accepting the position.

1 Like

Well then we don’t want them. We need someone who will do the job regardless of division. Same as these investors Pomlett has lined up. If they are that keen they should come on board now not wait until league 1.

2 Likes

Pomlett talks a lot of nonsense, but he actually has a point regarding any potential investment. I’m sure the club would jump at the chance to get investors on board right now.

The problem is we are not a marketable proposition, and we are very much on the back foot in any potential negotiation. When dealing with investors it’s very important you get the right people and you also get a deal that isn’t completely tilted their way. While we can provide a top ten budget (allegedly) without investors we should be able to get the club in a better position without any outside influence.

Maybe Pomlett has gotten this right because he knows a lot about business and ■■■■ all about football.

2 Likes

Who do we think it might be? Someone totally unheard of or a decent name?

They are filming a press conference as we type and a friend has managed to sneak a pic out to me.

So at least we will get a settled 4-4-2 :laughing:

11 Likes

My arse

2 Likes

The DoF has been hired. His start date has been delayed until we win a game!

Ian roper gonna be our dof. He’ll get these players hitting row z in no time instead of kicking thin air

Seriously wonder when the appointment will be? Pomlett said maybe over last weekend but I don’t mind waiting if we get someone half decent x

DOF was hired immediately after yesterday’s game and spent all of last night and this morning getting up to speed with fans concerns by reading through UTS.
He resigned this afternoon.

18 Likes

It appears no one is willing to work with Dutton as he’s too much of a liability.

1 Like

Victor Meldrew being announced tomorrow…