DOF named today?

That’s exactly how Walsall seem to be. Sign Benson and Hedges, we get more and more like Mike Bassett’s team with our signings.

1 Like

Well we won’t be seeing him anytime soon then!

I don’t believe it :laughing:

6 Likes

I did put it out there! :joy:

1 Like

Well could you start right away after such a bad run of performances by the team ?

… what’s your answer ? what do you have to say about that then Victor ?

1 Like

Perhaps it’s DOFfer? The job was obviously meant for him (wherever he’s got to).

1 Like

Nothings been announced then??how many candidates are there?? Must pick the right one for this prestigious role.

Did LP say 11 were being interviewed? Possibly no more than 3/4 could be interviewed in a day with presentations etc and there could be a second round of interviews as well. I’m happy for them to take their time and, hopefully, get the right appointment.

1 Like

Make no bones about this is about penny pinching again. Only appointing someone to apease us utterly ■■■■■■ off supporters if we sit on verge of relegation to the National League . Pomlett delivers on nothing he says and I genuinely thinks he thinks all the supporters are utterly stupid and can’t see through it. Oh and by the way Leigh. You stated Brian ‘must win games’. Well he hasn’t. I’d rather have laurel and Hardy in charge than you to be honest!

To say I’m disappointed in Pomlett is an understatement. If you don’t keep your word you’re not credible, and if you’re not credible you can’t be trusted, if you can’t be trusted how on earth are you going to maintain a healthy relationship with the fanbase?
These next two appointments have got to be right, given what we’ve heard from LP so far, I’m not sure I can trust him to make the right decisions.

3 Likes

It’s mad because we all slagged Bonser off for his lack of correspondence with the fans and his distant feel towards us and now we have a chairman that is completely opposite in terms of the above but is getting the same treatment.

If your going to talk to the fans of your club more as we’ve all craved over the years you can’t talk to them like a crap boss of a company who talks to his shop floor staff like they are idiots maybe that’s a bit harsh but you get what I mean.

To me he’s a businessman and has spoken so far mainly like one yes he’s a fan of the club etc etc but to me he’s not a football club chairman he’s a man of business and sometimes how he talks portrays this to me.

2 Likes

Even Gordon would have tapped that one in :grin:

1 Like

So, creating a new post with a commensurate wage is penny pinching? That just doesn’t add up does it? Getting rid of a DoF is penny pinching. Jeez, we could sign Aguero on a free and you’d complain about him been a has been.

3 Likes

Yeah and so would I , don’t need anymore has beens at this club thanks very much … :wink: :laughing:

I don’t get this cannot be trusted stuff. It is far too early to decide that . He is talking to us, he made some appointments before lock down to improve things and he has told us more in 18 months than JB told us 18 years. Give the bloke a break…if he lose interest we are stuffed!!

10 Likes

Would prefer fewer never wasis aswell :wink:

2 Likes

Scooby and WalsallOne,

I get what you’re saying and understand that LP has reached out to the fans more in 2+ years than Bonser did in 30 years.
My beef with the owner is credibility He scheduled a video call and stated to all of us Dutton would be gone if we didn’t win games, quickly,…13 games later…no wins.
He could easily have come on again and said I’ve decided to give Brian a little more time. I would like the fact that he’s given an inept manager more time, but I would respect LP for the information.
I don’t want him updating us every week, but important decisions (like managerial appointments) he should come on and inform us.

There are two types of people in the world; Doers and talkers, I respect those who do what they say they are going to do. The folks that don’t, I have no time for.

6 Likes

Imagine if no one’s applied

2 Likes

Someone will be desperate enough…

2 Likes

:rofl: now that would not surprise me one bit but I think I recall Leigh saying there’s been over 100 candidates might have dreamt it…not that I dream about Leigh Pomlett of course :thinking:

1 Like