Don't worry , where have I heard that before

I honestly think some fans would sit there “cheering the lads on” if the whole first 11 were gangbanging their missus.

There comes a point (see last season) when the team are that pathetic they deserve turning on. Hopefully that is in the past now though.

4 Likes

Yes, I can see how well that served us last season.

No mate nobody knows but keeps our supporters happy by having something to moan about.
Nobody knows how much we got for cook but it plays to the audience to say it was only 150k. Apparently if you read here Dobson was going for 150k and we were giving him away, where as the reality is Clarke is heading the negotiation and he has not received an acceptable offer.

Ntamark o.g v West Ham

List goes on…

2 Likes

I could forgive Charlie anything…one of his stepovers and he was forgiven…:grinning:

1 Like

Ye because the support at Shrewsbury etc was ■■■■ wasn’t it!

1 Like

If you turn on the team because of their lack of quality then you are barking up the wrong tree. Have a look why they are there, why we have to shop in basement bins, why we have to sign chances rather than provens.

If it’s effort then you have every right. I can’t think of a time last season where 100 percent effort wasn’t given. Accrington away and second half at Bradford the only ones that are possibly springing to mind.

The players aren’t exempt from criticism, but if you are moaning that some of them are playing in a higher league than their quality then they really aren’t the ones to blame.

3 Likes

Spot on.

If a player isn’t giving 100% then blame the player.

If a player isn’t good enough blame either the manager for selecting a poor player or the board for not giving the manager sufficient tools to do his job.

5 Likes

Pretty sure most of the unrest is directed at the club not the players, I think in general they have been well supported over these last few years… considering

5 Likes

Hmm I disagree to be honest. I think some players definitely cop it worse than the club, especially the ones that have the nerve to give a little back.

Keates, a man who is an absolute fan favourite, loves the club and is seen as a cult hero, himself pointed out the abuse the players get at the ground and on social media. Cookie wanted to leave, you can’t tell me getting called a fat ■■■■ everyday had nothing to do with it despite being top scorer. Can’t be the league, he’s gone to Mansfield.

It’s hard to defend the players, particularly when they aren’t good enough on the pitch. But absolving the fans of all blame or saying most get it right isn’t fair in my opinion. Personally I think it should have all been aimed at the club. Yes the players were poor, yes it was heartbreaking and downright miserable to go and watch every week. There’s only one man to blame for that. And chanting sack the board, even at preseason friendlies, is the tip of the iceberg of what should be happening for me.

1 Like

Christ mate the word snow flakes spring to mind.

Have seen the abuse players of other clubs also receive? It’s not just WFC where this happens.

1 Like

Disagree on them all giving 100% last season but then I suppose its about opinions. One thing I am fairly confident on is that wont be an issue this season.

Like so many other things in the game, money has changed the viewpoint of most on this subject.

Footballers are now paid so much money for the job they do, even at our level, the average fan feels well within their right to let a player know in no uncertain terms if they aren’t pulling their weight. And when you look at the difference in hourly rates of pay why shouldn’t they?

Also the price of admittance to a game has changed the emphasis of what ‘support’ is. Getting behind the lads / club / chairman, happy clapping for 90 minutes, being part of a tribe / community - its a dying aspect of the game - fans are seen as customers paying for a product.

Many try to resist the above but at the end of the day, that is the modern game in a nutshell - like it or lump it!

4 Likes

Our expectations as customers are simply far greater than years ago.

Expectations - or rather unfulfilled ones - lead to a higher degree of disappointment when the basics of just effort and caring for the badge are not met by the players wearing our great colours.

Our only currency of compensation is therefore vocal animosity, as unfortunately Jeff does not operate a refund policy.

After all we do live in a compensation culture era!

Reality check. Players get stick at every club. It’s nothing out of the ordinary. Only the ■■■■ ■■■■■ that that couldn’t even be arsed to put in the effort got it worse.

1 Like

Way of the world now mate. Let’s not criticise someone who’s stealing a wage, might hurt their feelings😢

4 Likes

Nope, way of the world now is to think that shouting abuse at someone is helpful and likely to make them perform better!

Oh wind it in. Your input of sitting on your hands until the end and clapping them off win lose or draw is so much more helpful.

1 Like

Snowflake. Or in other terms: somebody with empathy :man_shrugging:t3:

Some get it more than others, like I said. No surprise our top scorer wants to leave when our genius fans are calling him a fat ■■■■■ all the time.

I went to away games where fans were on the team from minute one over the last two years. People want to pretend it doesn’t happen but it does. I get why it happens but it doesn’t help.

1 Like

That whole Crewe game I felt like that! John Keisters tackle against Bury got to be up there too!