Don't worry , where have I heard that before

Yes he was out of work. But had 3 years left on his Bristol contract so not desperate for the money has he was still being paid by them

1 Like

Like the new picture…:grinning:

Cheers this is the year the little one, becomes a fully pledged saddler (GOD HELP HIM !!!)

3 Likes

This might be the year his grandad returns…depends how the team building goes…:grinning:

2 Likes

I just really hope more people buy into what DC is trying to achieve here. There’s no better place to be than bescot when its rocking.

Oh I don’t know…I think Old Trafford with a 75,000 crowd would give Bescot a run for it’s money…:grinning:

No there to busy eating there prawn sandwiches

A few “sack the board” chants is all it will take according to @WalsallOne.:wink:

I enjoy reading his posts but really don’t agree with that viewpoint, would have to be a very mentally weak squad for that to happen e.g. last season and don’t see it with likes of Sinclair and Clarke and hopefully 3-4 more of those types to come in.

I think my point was a little wider than that. What I was trying to say was that division is not helpful in building a successful team. We will stand a much better chance if we all pull together and support those on the pitch.

2 Likes

That is not down to fans though Walsallone , it is down to the club to give the fans a team to be proud of.

1 Like

Not down to the fans? Do you not agree that fans are the “twelfth man”? Have you not seen situations where teams have come back from a couple of goals down because the fans have roared them on and almost sucked the ball into the goal?

The team building will be what it is. But surely we can’t deny that having the full, undivided backing of the fans might well make the difference between promotion and play offs, between play offs and mid table, between mid table and relegation battle? Whereas division and discontent, matched with prophecies of doom, tend to manifest in poor results. Which should we choose?

3 Likes

No I don’t.

I believe the fans can help on occasions, but over a long hard season it will come down to the quality of the squad.

The players will get backing from day one without doubt as fans will know it is a new regime which needs support. After that though it is then up to them to show the effort, desire and right attitude to continue to earn the support. Any “sack the board” chants wont affect anything providing they have the slightest bit of character - something you get the impression DC’s players will have.

1 Like

Do you sit in silence at matches?

Possibly stunned into silence?

I have been before - for various reasons. Most of them really, really bad.

2 Likes

Colin Methven’s og at Crewe - I was mutified.

Johnny Brain’s bizarre launch at the Crewe corner. Completely silenced in awe.

Gary Penrice netting after running the show at Twerton Park.

This probably deserves a thread of it’s own. :zipper_mouth_face:

No do you?

Just wondered if you cheered the team on when attacking goal. If so, why?

Yeah let’s just go through all the ■■■■ and give our undivided support forever.
If everyone in the world had that mentality then so much wouldn’t have changed.
If the board really think something of us, then give us a club we’re proud of.

2 Likes

I think you missed the point mate.

My point is on the bigger picture over a season, and creating unity between both club and fans :+1:t2:

That will drive success.