Drogheda

Final score lost 2 -1.

https://x.com/leagueofireland/status/1758601392363569223?s=46&t=ujs-QRghJ2GcbKPYDBur3w

The Evan Weir goal for anyone interested, got me thinking who was the last person we had scoring free kicks regularly?

Ozzy?

Then I’d say Keatesy?

1 Like

Who was the bald chap who took all the free kicks when Hutchings was in charge?

Matt Richards?

1 Like

That’s him. Thanks.

He took every free kick we had

They are building incrementally it’ll be ready in 2044

3 Likes

Just wait till theyvare top of the table or summat.

Then the shit will hit the fan.sad it might take something like that actually…

1 Like

Brilliant goal :smiley:

Yes. God forbid a team does well in a completely independent environment… :roll_eyes:

Doing well, wouldn’t that be a fine thing.

Not going well at the minute.

3-1 down currently and bottom of the division on 0 points after 2 games.

Matt Richards was incredibly underrated as a player
Free kick master not many better at any level

1 Like

Lost 4-1

Some of there fans questioning the new ownership already :rofl:

2 Likes

Imagine!

When you’re heading down the toilet it takes time to turn things around. Better a long term future than a quick ‘throw money at it’ fix.

2 Likes

They’re right to do so.

Trivella haven’t proved they’ve got the structure / set up to manage one club yet - Let alone two clubs.

Saying “well they’ve made a start things have got to be put in place” but relegation or stagnation looms while they find their feet.

2 Likes

Some scathing comments by a guy called Paddy O’Stretch :smiley:

5 Likes

Will you be posting on the Drogheda forum, as you’re Irish citizen, under your Gaelic name?
Possibly Niall O’ Diabhail, or Niall MacDiabhail.

2 Likes

Don’t really get this aquisition at all. I’ve watched the first 2 games and this team do not look equipped to survive in the Loi. If they do finish bottom then league 1 contains teams whose average attendances are a couple of hundred people. What’s the point from Boycotts perspective ?

Maybe Trivela are planning to fund some transfers allowing the drogs to be more competitive?

Answers on a postcard?

Pipe down troll.

5 Likes