Drogheda

The Fugitive had one of its chase scenes filmed in the middle of an actual Boston St Patricks Day parade. Somehow.

1 Like

I don’t suppose the crowd would have suspected anything to be honest, just another cameraman filming a parade

But they might have recognised Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones weaving through them.

“That moment was without a cut”: Harrison Ford Barged Into a Real St. Patrick’s Day Parade for His Underrated Thriller That Got an Oscar Nomination.

1 Like

You’d think all those threads would’ve been a trip hazard

Just imagine some fan chasing them both for an autograph, the director would be pissed :laughing:

That’s why I said " somehow." I’m amazed they did it in one cut.

1 Like

Is that why Julian Joachim left us to join them? :shamrock: :thinking: :grin:

1 Like

Yes, there are more people in the US that identify as Irish than there are people in Ireland.

4-0 win last night against Athlone to reach Semi finals of the cup.

1 Like

Adam Foley scored a hat-trick, don’t get too excited though, he’s 34. Weir didn’t score though.

BOOM!

:wink:

(Film joke)

Not a good start so far for the Drogs, 7 games in and 2nd bottom with 1 win, 3 draws, and 3 defeats.

1 Like

I’m sure a visit from Mr Boycott to tell the gaffer what he expects will do the trick. Well it did for us anyway.

Weve the lowest budget in the league and are the only part time in the league.

But we are holding our own - we have drawn our last 4 matches against st pats (owned by a multimillionaire supporter), shels (top of league and managed by damien duff), derry (owned by a billionaire supporter) and dundalk away (our local rivalries). We deserved to win 3 of those matches.

Because of strength in league, i expect us to be down near the bottom obviously. Trick is to get as many points on board while we have the 2 lincoln lads and weir, before the other teams throw money around and strengthen in the summer

Re ground, wouldve preferred if fai didnt sell it to trivela. It was the saving grace over the years that anytime we went into debt, the debtors couldnt touch the ground. Thats changed now.

10 Likes

Drogheda Got only there 2nd win of the season tonight I see 3-1 Sligo rovers

7 Likes

Would you mind keeping those sensible views to yourself please, rather than posting them on here?
Now that you are related to us, anything other than winning the league is failure.
Trivela Out :wink:

2 Likes

As well as Marine’s historic win today, I was also pleased to see Drogheda got a last minute winner in the derby at Dundalk. Down to ten men too.

Louth is claret and bl…:::: nah - can’t quite get behind those colours but glad our lads have local bragging rights.

Well we played in those colours for a period in our history so I think I can let that go

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

They dow have play offs do they?