The 2 Leeds defenders throughout most of the late 90’s/early 2000’s, Ian Harte and his uncle Gary Kelly both were born in Drogheda and played for the Drogheda youth team before coming to England.
In a month’s time …Doug Taylor
They definitely share similarities with us, at home to 3rd bottom tonight, drew 0-0 and 35% possession. Trivela definitely not fans of ball retention.
Watched them again tonight drew 0-0 very scrappy poor quality game tbh Evan Weir doesn’t really stand out so i can see him being a back up player here for a year or so definitely one that needs to develop from what I’ve seen and I’ve watched there last 5 games.
You poor sod.That will set you up nicely for watching England in the Euros…![]()
Dreadful to watch and no where near efl standard. Rushall would hammer a few of these teams
Jason Gavin and Keith fahey are 2 players that played with us and played in the premier league and for Ireland.
Sean Thornton who also played in the premier league also played for us.
As said above, both Gary Kelly and Ian Harte are from drogheda. Neither played for our first team - though Ian used to be a ball boy in United park and his brother Michael played with us!
https://x.com/DroghedaUnited/status/1808875386903671078
Update from Trivela on Drogheda, thought people may want to read.
I’ll probably watch them tonight at home to Sherbourne see how Doug looks at that level.
Can someone summarise please. I’m in China and X twitter is blocked.
Thanks @Bags10
DJT straight into the starting lineup
We would really hope so wouldn’t we.
The few bits of games I’ve watched the quality is quite a bit lower than we are playing … which I know is a very low bar anyway.
Can understand players working their way up from loans deals to Drogheda to league two sides but we are going in the opposite direction with DJT.
Hope it works out ok for Doug and the club in the end.
5/1 anytime goalscorer with bet365, this his debut game?
Yes mate
According to what I’ve just seen he’s being played in the number 10 role.
So THAT’S where we went wrong…
By both signing him?
By not playing him as a 10. Clearly he is the next Platini.
They are playing top of the league tonight, can’t say I hold out much hope.