Dutton Out

I can’t understand how we were not the first team to outline our intentions to recruit a new head coach.
In fact I cannot believe we have not got an appointment as it has been obvious for the last 15 games that this has been required.
The lack of urgency is painful.

It seems as though BD is waiting to hear from the club if he is to stay! Who’s compiling the retained/released list of players? JF? When does the club intend to tell the squad( and the fans)?
Nothing from the club as usual. Ah well it’s Sunday, a day of rest and all that!! The enthusiasm showed by our lot astounds me.

2 Likes

If they appoint Dutton - then there needs to be some serious action.

I imagine the hardest hitting will be in the pocket, but let’s cross that bridge when it comes to it.

Surely surely surely we can’t appoint him.

2 Likes

I have a sinking feeling that if we do not hear something by Tuesday morning at the very latest that Dud’un is here to stay.

Then vote with your feet and don’t buy a season ticket!

3 Likes

It is quite incredible that Orient have immediately taken steps, by telling McAnuff that he won’t be retained as manager, when his record in 16 games is w6 d4 l6, whereas walsall are dithering over a manager with 3 wins in 20 games.

12 Likes

Ridiculous mate wouldn’t surprise me if they take a week or two before anything said hope I’m wrong.

Let’s hope JF is telling them that he needs to go!

Players have to be informed if they are not going to be offered a new contract by the 3rd Saturday in May in accordance with the EFL regulations.

1 Like

If supporters were looking at this organisation anything other than subjectively, they would not put another penny into it.

All the positive platitudes from the usual positive bunch just don’t cut it with me. Rudderless ship.

8 Likes

Fresh start please, team needs a new coach with fresh ideas, not more of the current situation. Its tiresome

1 Like

I wont be.

We are a joke

If we appoint Dutton and show 0% ambition in our player signings then I will be doing the same and not renewing my season ticket or investing any money until things change.

3 Likes

And I have stated 3 of us will not be renewing if Brian gets the job.
We have become a joke.
Why do we lack so much urgency ?

Has to happen Monday. What’s to gain by dragging it out if he is going.

Then again he’s probably not is he? Got this nagging feeling he’s going to be given it.

If Dutton gets the Job it really will show not only us but the wider audience what a joke of a club we are.

1 Like

What I will say is that if he is moved on whoever comes in needs to be given time , it’s going to be a massive job , im guessing it could get worse before it gets better if that’s even possible and whoever comes in needs to know they can see it through . Obviously they are not going to have a massive budget (Bolton etc), but it can be done Cheltenham, Morcombe have now become the the benchmark we must aspire to , we can’t keep changing managers it very rarely works unless you can buy your way out of trouble.
Pick a manager and stick with him .

Agree with kshammer…in fact the only decision to make is who is appointed to replace him.
Bottom of the league under his 20 game stewardship…just think how it would feel if that were the case after the first 20 games of 21/22.

3 Likes

Tbf we gave Clarke plenty of time and stuck with him even through some dreadful times. Leigh hardly trigger happy, whoever comes in will get time