Dutton Out

I don’t and I think the whole season has been a shambles to be honest bad decision after bad decision from those that run it.I can see now what Clarke meant you don’t sell your best player without an adequate replacement and expect better results it’s naive to say the least

1 Like

I couldn’t stand Darrell Clarke, but he had a point at the time (even if he did ok it and supposedly sourced Osei-Yaw himself as an adequate replacement).

But Pomlett did a video so all good.

2 Likes

I’m happy for BD to stay (as at today) for the rest of the season. I’d probably want somebody else then, pending the financial situation. BD got them playing well the last 2 games; They did everything except score and I’ve no reason to think Mat Sadler or Llera could suddenly turn them into goal machines. The squad just lacks firepower without Elijah. Let BD squeak them over the line and take stock in the off-season and do things properly rather than knee-jerk.

In line with what Andy-Petterson says, I ‘hand on heart’ think we’d be in this exact same position if DC was still here.

Don’t mistake that as I’m happy with BDs record or want him as the full time solution. Just as at today, he’s done enough for a little longer for me.

3 Likes

I just hope this director of football is a step in the direction of the club being run properly because it’s been the same old shambles since Pomlett took over so far mind you it’s all the same faces behind the scenes as when Bonser was here so what did we really expect ? It’s probably pointless sacking Dutton now as well been left too late as usual.

2 Likes

Looking back to my recent posts and that of most others on here, this new DoF needs to be a ■■■■■■■ miracle worker!

2 Likes

I’m convinced Pomlett went on Facebook after googling “quick solution to vacant manager position”. The algorithms must have picked this up that resulted in a picture of Dutton on a cushion under those bizarre Wish adverts being displayed, the rest is a history of 13 games without a win! :joy:

1 Like

When you buy Pep Guardiola from wish you get Brian Dutton

Indeed.

Mentor an inexperienced, to put it mildly, “head coach” (eurgh).

Complete rebuild top to bottom of the playing squad

Install a backroom staff to support said inexperienced “head coach”

Oh and get us to within the top half of League one in 3 to 5 years on a top 10 league two budget.

But we absolutely DO NOT need a “Dean Smith” once in a lifetime appointment to achieve that …

2 Likes

I’ve just read the best part of over 1,000 recent posts on this thread and get the feeling we are not happy?

Everyone imagines that this new DoF, whoomsoever that might be, will be, as Simon suggests, a bloomin miracle worker.

Then I think to myself, who amongst us would trust OUR board to make the right decision for this post? I guess very very few.
We know it will be some bloke that none of us have ever heard of, and have to go to Wikepedia to find out who he is.
I’m assuming as they go on interview techniques, that it will be someone in a suit, with a ‘first’ from Loughborough in sporting psychology. Hardly the sort of guy to get involved in any way with the actual running of the football team.

We await an announcement…eventually.

1 Like

Well, that’s my chips suitably ■■■■■■ on.

3 Likes

Most DoFs are unheard of to be fair. Partly because they require different knowledge to a “football man” like an out and out manager, and partly because whoever came up with the position for themselves was an absolute genius. All the jobs of a football manager with a fraction of the pressure.

It’s a very technical term that allows for much chin stoking when in actual fact you could use the term “middle man”, but anybody that thinks that is a “football dinosaur” :man_shrugging:

I did, five hours ago.

2 Likes

I replied to you, five hours ago.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t sack him now. Crawling to safety is not looking good, but staying in this league is critical and changing manager or head coach now would do more harm than good. Next season is a big question mark. BD could be here just to finish this season above relegation zone and someone else will be next season. But if he stays, I’d like to see the effects of his work with ‘his’ players. I don’t know for what exactly he was responsible under DC, so hard to tell what is wrong and what not. I know, results are bad, but they are the result of many different actions. Sometimes even the best manager can’t do anything to change them. I know, they wouldn’t be in such situations, but assessing someone after half season (with no chance to add new players) seems a little unfair.

1 Like

I disagree with the Adebayo / Yaw one. Clarke was forced to sell Adebayo and Jules with 5 months left on there contract plus we are in a pandemic and need the money. Clarke had his hands tied behind his back and the best he could bring in was Yaw from Oxford within the budget. Long and short get rid of Dutton and give someone a chance to see what crud they are working with.

2 Likes

I know yeah it’s ridiculous like this bloke is gonna be Alex Ferguson/Bill Shankley combo making decisions that are somehow going to make the next manager whoever that may be turn us into a fee flowing league 2 Barcelona even though 90% of our players are dog ■■■■.
Has any stopped and thought what we gonna do next if/when this lord saviour DOF comes in and we are this time next year sitting 16th in league 2 having just sold our best 2 player’s to balance the books due to the covid 19 even though it will be 2022 because that’s probably what will happen.

That’s it then, it’s Jesus Christ - nailed on!!!

Just heard dutton on WM on way home doesnt want to limp over the line wants to pull away we have the quality yes right dreamland springs to mind

Well, what exactly would you expect him to say?

1 Like

Maybe you can explain how we could have got in a proven goalscorer after Clarke left?