Dutton Out

He phoned Oxford 30 minutes before the window shut and asked for the guy that he had seen score 1 goal against us in the trophy. Desparation tactics.

1 Like

Correct - Walsall has been run as a Business first and a football club second for about 15+ years

1 Like

Yep, he knew that was coming, but he also knew the vale job might be coming as well, so I donā€™t think that he was particularly arsed anyway.

Correct the phone call was around 7.40pm Iā€™m lead to believe and all this knowing full well he was a gonna.We should have been offering clubs a couple of hundred thou as soon as Heartā€™s started sniffing around shocking management at the time it was like he knew he would ā– ā– ā– ā–  off after Elijah was sold and thought ā€œyou know what if your selling my best forward Iā€™ll replace him with a piece of ā– ā– ā– ā–  to get you backā€ then weeks later off he drives into the sunset leaving this mess behind.

2 Likes

I feel a bit sorry for Dutton, at least Smith, when he took over, was able to bring in some loan players and frees, Jordan Cook and Julian Gray I think and possibly Ledesma?

1 Like

And hasnā€™t seen the back of a net since

Whoā€™s that :rofl: is that a fellow saddler??

Itā€™s a young Jimmy Sommerville :joy:

3 Likes

Is that you Samsara?

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Looks a perfect lookalike for me

1 Like

as Dutton insists on entertaining supporters in the final weeks of the season.

Going nowhere.

5 Likes

With duttons current record and ā€˜ potential ā€˜ where would you currently put him on Walsall top managers list?
For now his just below Mullen for me but I can see him above smith and money in 5 years time

1 Like

Thatā€™s the first time Iā€™ve heard an admission that draws will be good enough to keep us up from him.How are we going to contain ourselves when we witness this entertaining football??.Iā€™ve seen a slight change if Iā€™m honest we do pass the ball around at the back under no pressure but I donā€™t really class that as entertaining.

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Odd stuff to say to the press, especially when you havenā€™t won a game in 13. Rather he just said; ā€˜Everybody is working hard to improve and achieve the couple wins that will see us safeā€™.

4 Likes

Well he is defo On a lifelong contract so surely after 5 years heā€™d get his first win x aim for the stars

2 Likes

ā€œBut, itā€™s a very poor mentality to try and set up to draw games and get over the line in that manner.ā€œ

I literally donā€™t know what to say to this! Itā€™s like he has forgotten the last 13 games. Barring the last game, that we still didnā€™t score in, Iā€™m not convinced Brian has set the team up to go and out score the opposition. More to nullify them and keep a clean sheet and save a point. The mind boggles!