Dutton Out

I’ve never got my head around people going to support Rushall to me it’s exactly the same as saying I’m going off to watch the Wolves .
Why Rushall as well ? :joy:
Are they the default go to non League club it’s ok to go and watch ,what about Walsall Wood, Chasetown, Stourbridge,Hednesford, Halesowen, Bilston nobody ever days I’m going to any of them place’s it’s always Rushall. I used to live in Rushall there’s ■■■■ all around there the Boathouse pub £3.50 a pint and the Manor arms dog walkers pub how exciting .

I don’t know @Killer78 given the role he’s done at Palace and his background with that set up in Spain plus the back ground roles he’s had at other clubs he looks well placed to tick the boxes. Probably more so than someone who’s managed 200 games at L1 / L2 level as his knowledge base of this level should be as good as anyone’s.

If we only want people with good football league records the list of potential candidates is short and expensive

If this fella has a couple of good transfer windows and has us in good shape in a few seasons time he’ll be off elsewhere.

It’s a positive that he’s unproven and hungry

4 Likes

One thing you can say about Fullerton is that he doesn’t seek the spotlight. No word from him since his initial interview.

Hopefully he’s working diligently in the background assessing the state of the club from top to bottom and preparing to make some big decisions.

We will know in the next 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Is Jimmy coming back ???

1 Like

I may be wrong but I do believe Dutton WILL be here next season, Pomlett rates him.
So, unless we make some major league marquee signings in the summer, we will see gates of 2,500 or less, who amongst us would be daft enough to go to watch a home match where your team can have 78% of possession against Morecambe and have ONE shot at goal during 90 minutes of play, the majority of the OAP stand would be asleep (or dead).
Surely football must have a degree of entertainment about it, otherwise it would not exist, with our man Dutton in charge, good bloke or not, revenue will dive to untenable depths.

1 Like

@Saddlertd I understand your point and I agree that we should be doing far more to establish clear pathways between Aston Villa and Walsall.

Besides Wright, we did get Blackett-Taylor under Keates and, although Melbourne came from Lincoln and Rose came from Southampton, both had links with WBA at youth team level.

With so many players out of contract in the summer, a clean slate can be achieved hopefully.

It will be interesting to see how the Carlisle game goes because their manager changed virtually his entire team in the close season and although their season has fizzled out in the end, they have done well, in terms of the ‘size’ of the club and supporter expectations.

When the released lists come out soon, there will be plenty of players available that could do a job for Walsall. I only hope that we secure some early business and have a manager in place to lead the team. A smaller squad with more quality should be the approach, I hope.

As I’ve said many times, Oztumer could be the difference between disappointing season ticket sales and renewed optimism.

4 Likes

I’d have oztumer back here in a heartbeat.

Proven quality, loves this club and we need a playmaking midfielder as back up to Rory getting injured every two games.

There’s plenty of good players that will be available, you’re absolutely correct. I’m very sad and have compiled a list of potential free agents for each position.

3 Likes

Tbh I wouldn’t mind dutton having a go… think there is a way we are trying to play and with dof should be able to get those players in in the summer… just hope we do it early… he could be a very decent manager but could be the worst in our history… only time will tell

1 Like

Perhaps signing players who know how to put the ball in the back of the net will help that. We’re not that far off having a decent team, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Talking about rushall could be a good feeder club if we let 5/6 youngsters play for them but train as normal with walsall.

1 Like

They have Sam mantom probably better than what we’ve currently got :joy:

1 Like

It does not matter that they are local, they always want a fee for the loan . And we dont want to pay it.

Walsall youngster’s wouldn’t get in the Rushall team how bad do you think they are ? They’ll be aiming for a play off place minimum next season Last season they had Mantom , Knightly playing for them Reiss Flanagan couldn’t even get in team.

It was only 3 seasons back Tyler Roberts was coming in on loan for half a season. He was probably free given he was only 18 but he’d already had I think two loan spells at league 1/2 level, same for Adebayo.

That’s the difference for me. When you look at the loan signing this season the strikers have been really poor because none of them are used to even league 2 level. Well Reid was but he wasn’t even a starter for Barrow team who were well down the table at halfway stage, Scrimmy had played 9 games in national league the previous season etc.

Vincent had managed 6 games for Scunthorpe in first half of this season and everyone saw how poor they were last week.

No real surprise the best loans this season were George Nurse who’d played 17 games for Newport the previous season and Melbourne who’d played some games in Scottish league and league one for Lincoln.

Club’s just got to use loan/free market to get in 2-3 in the key positions who are experienced but promising from higher levels and build around that. It failed under DC, it didn’t under Dean Smith so need to get the right sort of head coach in aswell.

Rushall are a football club in their own right not a feeding club for us it would be like villa using us it’s just not on

1 Like

E&S: Dutton was disappointed with his side’s ‘toothless’ showing…

Well what do you expect when you play one up front at home? And worse, when needing to go for goals and sharpen things up, you make a like for like substitution, continuing with a sole striker…with no service from a rubbish midfield, it has to be said.

1 Like

Or West Brom :joy: :wink:

People were saying the other week on this thread or another…adopt the Peterborough model.

Just heard their owner on Talksport…said they spent 5k on medical when they signed Jonson Clarke-Harris!

So yeah can rule that form of recruitment out! :joy:

2 Likes

We wouldn’t pay £5k on his wages let alone for a medical! Why does Walsall FC always have to do things on the cheap?

2 Likes

Worsul4eva:
I may be wrong but I do believe Dutton WILL be here next season, Pomlett rates him.

That’s why LP has to make the decision with his head and not his heart. He has to look at Dutton’s record (appalling), endless changes of formation (every game), his clueless tactics, the very unattractive football we’ve played under him, and there are some serious questions about his ability to attract decent players here in the summer.
I’m sure LP’s biggest worry is if he keeps Dutton on, how will that effect ticket sales? A great deal is the answer.
If he hasn’t read the dissenting emails fans have written about the manager, he’s doing himself a disservice as it’s ultimately going to effect the club’s bottom line.
I believe that money will be the over riding factor, retaining Dutton will cost the club more than they can afford to lose.

1 Like