Early Bird Prices

Thanks, only 2 years to go then.

Hooray for being 60 in 3 months!

1 Like

Iā€™ve said this many times before they should be shouting this from the roof tops , I know a lad whoā€™s dad is a vile fan and heā€™s a season ticket at Walsall and has paid for it , not sure who he goes with but I keep saying he could go free :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I havenā€™t been a ST holder for many years (apart from Covid season). Me and my 2 kids will be purchasing

1 Like

Got to take into account inflation has shot up from the start of covid

Send that idea to the club PT.

Any idea what the green car park pass has gone up to?

The big problem with comparing prices in the third and fourth tiers, and even top couple of non-league with those in the Championship and Premier League is that the huge disparity in tv versus matchday revenue enables the top two tiers to basically charge as much or little as they want, while the others canā€™t. On a like for like comparison lower division football is becoming very uncompetitive as a result.

While its great that virtually all season ticket holders arnā€™t in a market that can be competed for and will pay the prices quoted, the club also needs to recognise that having a ground with 5,000 empty seats on a good day is not good business. PTā€™s idea is a good one, and there should be others directed at young people that donā€™t fall into the family scenario or are of school age - ie 16-20 somethings.

3 Likes

Slightly disappointed with the increase. But I suppose the club have to cover the increase in electricity, gas food costs etc .
An option they could have made to gain more sales though could have been buy a season ticket and get 10/15 % off if you buy for the year after when hopefully the cost of running the club has evened its self out a little.
Opportunity missed. No incentive!!!

1 Like

Having been one of the clubs fierecest critics on the lack of creativity on the tickets and marketing front I have to say this is hugely dissapointing. I cannot believe there has not been an overhaul and we are still looking at all the same langauage, the same offers. It really isnt hard.

Itā€™s a real missed opportunity. If the only changes being talked about are an increase in cost - with my marketer hat firmly on - again, its poor. Why are the ticket tiers the same as the Bonser era?!!

6 Likes

Wonder if I can get in as under 12 :smiley:

This is what they must be spending the increase on.

2 Likes

Tbf that was nearly good
I just didnā€™t feel the voice over guy. Needed more umpth more drama more passion

1 Like

I was surprised to see the relative large increase for the lower seating, however I did expect price increases across the board. Maybe not as much as they have been.

Umming and ahhing about whether to renew, but when I consider that itā€™s around Ā£13.50 per game in the lower and Ā£16.50 a game in the upper, itā€™s still a good price providing I can make most or all of the games, which I can. I will renew for the coming season, possibly in the Upper, but if no real progress is being made on the pitch then I donā€™t know if I could renew the season after should there be another increase.

6 Likes

What are you suggesting, they lower the prices? Even though they are not immune from the huge increase in costs for most businesses? Then no doubt everyone will be moaning in the summer that weā€™re not competitive in the transfer market and wondering why.

2 Likes

very fair point are casual or new fans that havent been going for years going to pay this to watch lets be honest mostly awful football? us hardcore fans will but that will not keep attendances up at this seasons level unless something changes very quickly i really like flynn but its awful to watch sometimes and borders on sunday league standard.

Just found my confirmation e-mail for my and my dadā€™s STs this season. The actual price for a wrinkly in the Lower was Ā£189 so only a 27% increase for you coffin dodgers not 33%. :joy:

That said, itā€™s still Ā£51 more when an adult has only gone up by Ā£47 (18%). Does seem to be disproportionate on the over 60s. :thinking:

From the figures that @SaddlerSteve and @pingu give, thatā€™s an average of around 3% per year over the last 14 seasons - which is above the actual rate for every year except 2011. Exclude this yearā€™s hike and it would be 1.7% - just slightly under the actual picture over that whole period.

Wasnā€™t too miffed at first glance, and still going to renew both STs, but when you look at it more closely it is a hefty increase to swallow all in one bite. Perhaps there has been some cock up and theyā€™ve published the full prices without the Early Bird discount? :joy:

Oh and programmes went up last month too - a real 33% increase on them! :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Sounds like a match made in heaven for you and your family. Fill your boots and do us all the favour of keeping your nonsense up in Manchester. Explains a lot to be fair - Iā€™ve got a family member who goes to a similar number of United games per season and he knows nothing about football either :joy:

5 Likes

Match day tickets will be interesting , Ā£24,50 to sit in the upper for walk ups this seasonā€¦ guess weā€™re going to break the Ā£25 barrier next season.

Thatā€™s where my complaints would be.

I wonder if they halved the price or did 2 for 1 if they could double the attendance because that would increase food and other auxiliary sales meaning more money for the club and better value for the fan.